Chapter-27

Heyo!😎

So, it's a filler chapter. Nothing much is here. Not only it's hard writing a well planned chapter within seven days after delivering a 8k long rollercoaster ride, also I am having a really bad week so far. I had two meltdowns. One full blown and one follow up, stayed awake nearly 30 hours at a stretch and then had a bi*** of a headache. So, yeah.

You know, while writing the above note I felt stupid for telling all this to you guys and almost deleted it. Almost but didn't. Because that would have been hypocritical as the entire point of this story is to normalize talking about psychological problems. To make ourselves open about these issues. To make others accustomed with listening to them. Hence, I didn't. Yes, I have massive issues. I'm extremely difficult and complicated, borderline bipolar. I sound like a smart-mouth  but I have breakdowns, moments of vulnerability, I binge eat, I starve myself and had been suicidal for a long time. And it does not make me any less than anyone else.

Your weakness does not make you any less of a person than the rest. You don't ever have to be ashamed of your vulnerabilities. If you think your mental or physical issues will make someone uncomfortable or look down upon you, either that person is not good for you or you don't understand them well. There will be very, very few people or even none who will listen to your problem or take things seriously but do not let that seal your lips. We are all broken dolls but our scars bear the evidence of our success, our survival. Our smile, however small, is the proof that we have won.💜

Be unabashedly yourself. Power to us!

************************

Chapter-27

The morning after was predictably awkward. Once they had decided to give this a go, Zhan now did not know how to act around YiBo, who on his part looked just as awkward. However, Zhan would leave for work soon and YiBo would go home and they wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

As Zhan put the bread slices in the toaster and cut the fruits, YiBo and Xing kept whispering and babbling with their heads pressed together. Whenever together these two were inseparable. Zhan could have never imagined YiBo to be this patient. But look at him now, listening to the endless meaningless baby talks, answering the same question for the seventeenth time without a frown. Parenthood was truly a surprising revelation.

He set the plates and YiBo thanked him, briefly making eye contact. For some reason Zhan's cheeks felt warm at that. As a routine, Xing was making a fuss about eating, turning away every time Zhan put the spoon anywhere near his mouth.

"Xing, don't do that. Eat. Papa needs to leave and Aunt MeiLi will arrive soon."

"MehMeh?" Xing asked, momentarily stopping his wriggling but immediately turned his face away when Zhan took the chance to shove the spoonful of porridge in his mouth.

"Xing!"

"Daddy eat!" His son whined.

"Daddy is eating," Zhan replied and YiBo showed him his toast. "See?"

"Noh! Daddy eat!" And he pointed at his own bowl and Zhan finally understood.

"You want Daddy to feed you?"

Xing nodded so hard that his head flopped back and forth. Zhan gave YiBo a look before telling his son, "No, Daddy can't feed you. He has his own food to finish and go home. He doesn't have the entire day to run after you with this bowl. Now, eat."

Xing, being the master manipulator he was, made his lower lip tremble and looked at his Dad, "Daddy?" He asked in the meekest voice Zhan had ever heard from him.