Chapter-14

Hey, guys. Sorry for the delay. My state has been hit with a super cyclone and things are really, really bad now. I'm posting from my phone, which is a pain because the app doesn't take some font and format changes and I need to redo them all over again. I couldn't edit the chapter, so, there might be typos or some errors. I do apologize. And I will try to update the next Saturday considering things are better by then

Stay safe. Take care.

My love and hugs for those who have left votes and comments!♥️ Also, I'll reply to the new comments as soon as I can.❤️

NOTE: the 'en' sound you'd found is sort of similar to 'en' in 'encore'. From Chinese novels I've read, kids seems to make this affirmative sound quite often. I find it adorable and thus included it.

Off with the read now!

*****************

Chapter-14

YiBo used to think his son was an angel, descended from heaven, without wings. YiBo used to think his boyfriend was lying when he said Xing made a fuss about something. YiBo used to think a lot of things about his son.

YiBo did not think that anymore.

Because apparently parenting could change your world view more drastically than anything else.

And apparently his son's favourite word was 'no'.

"Do you want to eat something?"

"Noh."

"Drink this. You have to keep hydrated."

"Noh."

"Come on, you need to nap now, come on."

"NOHH!"

"How about you say no to everything I ask you to do?!" YiBo had exclaimed at some point, exasperated.

"......'Kay."

And thus, after playing all kind of toddler games for hours and making all sort of nonsensical conversation, the two now sat in front of the television, exhausted, watching a toon about a talking penguin.

Xing sat on YiBo's lap, jello candy lodged inside his mouth, YiBo's hand wrapped around his tummy protectively. Xing's eyes were wide with undivided attention, whereas YiBo couldn't focus even if his life depended on it.

Ever since the moment he had heard of that 'date', he could not concentrate on anything else. When Zhan called and asked him to spend a day with Xing, YiBo felt like he had finally accomplished something. Not only he would get to be with his son but also the fact that Zhan had thought of him eligible to take care of Xing without supervision was a big deal for him.

But now he wished this opportunity didn't come at such a cost. He didn't want to be a helping hand in Zhan's having a good date.

And who the fuck was this date? Where did it come from? For how long had he been going out? All this time? While YiBo was daydreaming about getting back together? Going so far as cancelling his sham of a marriage and breaking the contract? What the fuck!

His frustration must have manifested physically as he heard Xing yell out. He looked down to see Xing looking up at him with accusing eyes and trembling lips.

"Oh shi- did I squeeze you tight?"

Xing made an unhappy sound around his candy and turned his head towards the TV again. YiBo slacked his hold carefully, not wanting to deal with waterworks. Xing was acting cranky for a while now. And YiBo, for a few times, thought of ringing Zhan up in excuse of Xing needing his Papa or just asking for something. But he didn't follow through it as he didn't want to make things worse after their interaction earlier this day.