Chapter-10

Heyo! Update time!😎

I hope you guys are all right wherever you are. Stay indoors as much possible, stay safe. I'm kinda losing it.Going without any non virtual human interaction for a long stretch of time is tougher than I predicted. Take care, peeps.❤️🙃

Someone commented for a previous chapter why wasn't Zhan telling YiBo everything and whether it was to prolong the story. It's exactly as you suspected, my dear.👀 I'm deliberately dragging this story out to get as much attention as possible.🙈 You see, I don't get it enough.🌚 So, why not grab an opportunity when it presents itself?!😏 But how did you guess? You clever you!😱

To all those who left very lovely comments in the last chapter and voted on it, thank you so much, guys, for constantly encouraging me.😭❤️ I can't tell how much it means to me, especially in this tough times.😭 Some of you have reached to me through IG and Wattpad inbox to enquire after my well being. You guys are....just know that I love you.😭❤️❤️❤️

As for this chapter, it's a light one. And also, a long drawn character is finally making an entry! Yep, it's Talu.😎 I have included a pic of this by the end of the chapter for those who don't know him.

Okay, that's all. Now, off you go to the chapter!

-----------------------------

Chapter-10

Leash that brat of yours and open your fortress gate. Coming in 5.

The text put a smile on his face immediately. He needed it. The entire morning he had been feeling jittery and restless. This feeling always made Zhan fearful. His anxiety disorder still was on the recovering stage and he had too much responsibility to go into such a state now.

And meeting his best friend was the perfect distraction he needed at the moment. Knowing that Talu's five minutes meant at least twenty, he wrapped his work in the studio for the day and went upstairs.

YiBo and his fiancée were on the news today. They had attended a reality show together and the media was abuzz with posts of them. It didn't upset him. He was used to it by now. After all YiBo had been dating the woman for several months. But today, for some reason, the sight of them together made him feel inexplicably lonely.

He had never dated after his break up. Dating was the furthest thing from his mind for the first two years. Raising Xing, establishing Yiling and going through therapy were all his life. After that even though Talu and Xuan tried to talk him into it, he never contemplated starting another relationship, not even a casual one.

The sense of isolation, loneliness was a constant now. The space beside him on the bed was always colder. And watching YiBo today only intensified that feeling. He wasn't naive enough to daydream about a family reunion just because YiBo had entered Xing's life. It was he who left, not the other way round and he must not forget that. But that didn't stop him from craving the companionship. Someone to hold on to when he was scared of life; someone to talk to, to seek advice from, someone to warm him up when one of those panic attacks left him cold and clammy. Someone to make him forget the pain, the mistakes of his life, even if momentarily.

Zhan did not despise YiBo for moving on. On the contrary he was glad that the man had found his anchor, more so after listening to YiBo's drunken confession.

Sometimes, he just wished he could move on too.

Talu's presence was exactly what he needed today. Feeling better already, he went to check on Xing, who was currently in the garden, sitting on his nanny's lap, staring attentively at a pictorial story book; clapping and nodding as the nanny depicted the story to him.