Chapter-17

Update time, potatoes!!!😎

This is a broccoli chapter. Probably won't give you much of a taste but very important to the plot.😚

Today I'd like to address a question I'm asked quite frequently- Do I get paid for my stories? The answer is a big No. I don't earn a single dime from my writings. Wattpad doesn't pay me, nor do I take money or any sort of gifts from the readers. Everything I put into the writing is from my own. Which also means that all you little greedy potatoes are freeloading on me.😒

Squishy hugsies for all those who have left votes and comments to the previous chapter!😍 You guys are brilliant!😍 And stinky eye for the silent readers who won't come out.😐

Okay, off ya go!

******************

Chapter-17

"And why do you think that you are regressing?"

Zhan composed his answer to the question his therapist asked. They were in her office, having a session. This room itself had such a calming environment. It was spacious, sparsely furnished, with a ceiling-to-floor glass window that overlooked the city from its 17th floor view. The patients' couch faced this glass wall, however, it could be rearranged if someone didn't want to look out. The therapist sat on a chair which had a side view of the patient instead of opposite. More often than not, people with mental health issues didn't like eye to eye contact during sessions. The air in the room had a faint scent of lavender which always helped to calmed Zhan's nerves.

"My stress level has hiked up considerably. I am nervous all the time and keep going on the verge of meltdowns." Zhan wetted his dry lips. Talking about his insecurities was never easy but he had been seeing the same therapist from the beginning and over the years, he had eased up to her.

"And you think the entire situation is triggering it or specifically the presence of your ex?" She asked in that quite, accommodating voice of her that was neutral to any particular emotion.

"Mm...both. It's both. The situation- the entire thing is extremely stressful and- and facing him is hard just as much."

"But you have had contemplated of facing him at some point." She put in, without any judgement.

"I know, I did. But I wasn't prepared. Things happened so, so suddenly and- and I- you know I can't deal with things unprepared. I need to- I have to-" Zhan's words jumbled up, his agitation rising.

"Calm down. It's all right. There is nothing wrong with pre panning or wanting to have a sort of control over emotions. It's perfectly normal; we all do this."

Zhan rubbed his palms on his thighs, a nervous tick, trying to calm his emotions so that he could talk. "Yes, I know. I'm- I'm all right. Sorry."

"You don't have to be. Remember, you're here to express yourself, not being interrogated."

"I know, yes," Zhan replied without meeting her eyes. He knew that she wasn't judging him but he still felt exposed.

"So, what is troubling you the most?"

"........................YiBo."

"Is it because he is back into your life or the things that's happening regarding him?"

"No, I'm- I'm really glad that he is back. I've always wanted that. Wanted him to be a part of Xing's life and when I see them together now I feel so grateful! But..........." He stopped and she waited patiently, as always, without coaxing, letting him set the pace. "But the past, the emotions, the perpetual tension between us, they choke me. It's hard to breathe sometimes."