Chapter-33

Heyo, update time!😎 This is now officially my longest running story!🤧

Sorry I couldn't update yesterday. I hate missing a scheduled update but my health is again on the downward slope these days.😣 The side effects of a new med is killing me.😩

Also, I'm really not a teenage boy even though I look like one!🤧 I mean, seriously?!🤧 I swear I have boobies! Stop doubting me!😭 Imma grow out my pixie and you'll see!

So, about this chapter, there is a lot of dialogues in it. A lot. Because I find it the easiest to write and due to my health I needed a way to minimize my effort. I once wrote an entire story only on dialogues.🤪 It's actually fun!

Belated Happy Birthday to my XianXian, who just turned 3!😍😘🎂

Now, off ya go!

*************************

Chapter-33

"No, never. Absolutely not."

"This is the only way."

"No, it's not! I won't let you do it. You can't!"

"I can and I will."

"Why are you being stubborn?! Is this why I took the risk? So that you can go and throw yourself to the wolves? I did it to keep you safe!"

"And I'm doing this for us! I thought you of all people would understand me!"

"I do! I do understand you but Zhan Ge, you have no idea how extreme the consequences will be! How hard they will make your life!"

"Harder than watching you getting assaulted and bullied on a daily basis by people who shouldn't have any say in your life? Who don't even know the truth?"

"But I knew this would happen! I knowingly did what I did-"

"And you did it alone! You didn't even think of telling me beforehand. This- this incident, this concern both of us and yet you left me out while taking such a life altering decision. How would you have reacted if I did something like that? At least I'm telling you my plans."

"Oh, so this is revenge, is that what it is? Just because I didn't tell you anything, this is your way of retaliation?"

This accusation was so outrageously dumb that Zhan did not know how to respond to it. Stress level insanely high, none of them had their rational faculties intact at the moment but even so, this was plain dumb. "What revenge? What are you talking about? Try to put yourself in my shoes, YiBo-"

"I did! The whole point of my plan was so that you wouldn't have to be exposed. They will tear you apart! Will make your life a living hell!"

"Like they are doing to yours? Do you know how it feels to watch you getting harassed, insulted every single day for the things you didn't do and knowing that all this could have been stopped if someone had a little bit courage?"

On the high resolute screen Zhan watched YiBo's expression changing from concerned anger to concerned sadness. "This isn't your fault, Zhan Ge. None of it is. You know that, right? This needed to be done."

"Yes," Zhan agreed, "and now I need to do it."

"Ge-"

"I- I don't want to hide anymore, YiBo. I'm tired of feeling scared."

That look of concerned sadness came back on screen again. "What would happen when they....." YiBo didn't finish. The thought of public reaction was....

"Then we would face that together."

XOXOXOX

It wasn't easy for Zhan. Everyone opposing his decision, telling him what a mistake it was, how he wouldn't be able to handle the outcome- this wasn't easy for Zhan at all.