Scene 12 - THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

Everyone knows it, Thunderbirds fan or not. The music begins. Scott has rotated around on the wall as he holds the lights to reveal the Thunderbird 1 hanger. A lift wheels him towards his craft as the hatch is opened. Virgil leans back on the painting of the rocket, as he is flipped backwards down the slide. Eventually, he has rotated around and slips down yet another slide. At that moment, Alan and Brains are lowered on the black chair heading down and down and down towards the lift of Thunderbird 3, whereby they pass another chair heading up to the lounge, clamping into where the other seat was as a disguise. Gordon is joined by the Doctor and Rose as they view the lift from inside, playing with each other like kids.

Rose:

Never actually thought I'd be in a Thunderbird!

The swimming pool is beginning to open out, as Thunderbird 1 is lowered downwards on the lift to be wheeled towards the launch bay. Meanwhile, Virgil reaches Thunderbird 2, slipping into his seat before he is pulled into position correctly with his wheel. Pulling the white lever, the lights flash up, and the lift returns back up to the top of the roof, whilst Virgil's uniform is revealed. In Thunderbird 3 silo, Alan and Brains are taxied in on the chair towards Thunderbird 3, through the echoing corridors. We see Thunderbird 3. And Alan and Brains stop as the seat raises up into the spacecraft. Once inside, they both arise.

Thunderbird 1 is lowered onto the ramp where it is wheeled onto positioned as Scott pulls the levers back. The Pods begin sliding into position underneath Thunderbird 2, until we finally reach Pod 4. Now, the swimming pool is opened and ready. Thunderbird 1 is ready for takeoff. KABOOM! Thunderbird 1 rockets upwards! Out of the swimming pool, out from Tracy Island again, and launching into the sky. The Doctor, Rose, and Gordon in his uniform are lowered into Thunderbird 2, with the lift locking in and opening their gate as they exit.

Oh my god! My god! My god! This can't be happening!

Doctor:

In all my travels in time and space I never actually believed I would be inside Thunderbird 2!

Virgil then lowers down Thunderbird 2 to lock the pod in, whilst the rocks at the end of the runway commence opening, with the flap of runway folding downwards, to reveal the Thunderbird 2 bay.

Scott:

International Rescue from Thunderbird 1, changing to horizontal flight.

He pushes the levers forward as Thunderbird 1 takes horizontal flight, rushing to the danger zone at Washington. Thunderbird 3 then blasts up from its silo, soaring up, out of its roundhouse, up into the skies and reaching deep into space. On the runway, Thunderbird 2 again.

Virgil:

Ok then, here we go!

She taxis out gently from her hanger, before the palm trees famously sway down as Thunderbird 2 drives forward down the runway. She stops for a moment before the runway is elevated up to point magnificently into the sky. Another flap is opened from behind. Until... KABOOM! Thunderbird 2 blasts off from the runway as Virgil expertly pilots his craft, with Gordon sat to his right, and the Doctor and Rose sat together holding hands and excitedly and giggly smiling at each other. Jeff, Tintin, Grandma and Kyrano watch the Thunderbirds soar off into the distance.

Jeff:

Be careful boys. You have no idea exactly what you'll face this time. Good luck.