Her Expression

Inside the chamber of the Crown Prince

Crown Prince Mio has loved painting since he was a child, so whenever he wants to escape out of the Palace because he is bored, he will just use that alibi, and they have always allowed him to do so together with his same age Eunuch, because he has always presented his paintings in front of his parents. Now Mio is currently painting the scenario when Xharmynt and him met when they were both thirteen years old.

Meanwhile, outside the Palace

"Greetings, Empress Dowager" the three chosen ladies said to the Crown Prince's acting Mother and as Empress of the Palace. All of the girls stand up when the Empress Dowager moves her right hand slowly.

"Today is the final day of the Selection Process; have you already decided when you will visit the Crown Prince's chamber?" the Empress Dowager inquired, with her authoritative voice.

"We've already made up our minds, Empress Dowager" all the chosen ladies agreed.

"Good. Who will be the first Lady to visit his chamber today?" the Empress Dowager inquired once again.

The Empress Dowager glanced at the Lady from the Wei Family from head to toe, and based on the Empress's facial expression, she does not want her to be the Crown Princess.

"And who will be the next to pay the Crown Prince a visit in his chamber?"

The Lady of the Shun Family took a step forward, and the Empress Dowager did the same thing to the next girl, indicating that she does not want her to be the Crown Princess of their selected Crown Prince based on her facial expression.

"Therefore, you will be the last Lady to pay my son a visit."

The Empress Dowager is respected by the Lady from the Lei Family, and based on her facial expressions, she prefers her to be the Crown Princess of his son.

The Empress Dowager gave the signal to begin the last stage of the Selection a few minutes later. The Court Ladies are currently escorting the Lady from the Wei Family to see the Crown Prince today, while the two ladies who also passed the Selection Process were escorted into their rooms inside the Palace.

*******

Five days later...

The Empress Dowager receives the results five days later. And, judging by the Empress's expressions, she was pleased with the final stage's outcome.

"According to the results, the Lady from the Lei Family passed the final step; so, what are you two waiting for?! Bow down to your Princess!"

And the two chosen ladies who did not pass the final stage bow down before Lei Nian Zhen as a symbol of respect for the Crown Princess who have been chosen.

The Empress Dowager remarked, "Congratulations, Crown Princess Lei Nian Zhen."

Inside the chamber of the Crown Prince

"It's me Eunuch Xiang Jin, Your Highness Crown Prince Mio!"

"Please come in!"

"Is there any new information?"

"Your Highness, the result was already announced by the Empress Dowager, and it was your lover's twin sister who passed; it appears that fate is on our side; congratulations Your Highness, everything is going according to your plan."

"It's me Eunuch Xiang Gui, Your Highness Crown Prince Mio!"

"Please come in!"

"Your Highness, I have some horrible news for you!"

"Why? What happened?"

"Your Highness, something bad happened; the Cold Palace where your lover lived was surrounded and consumed by fire; it appears that someone set fire to it in order to kill the Lei Family's younger daughter, because according to what I heard, all the maids who were sent in the Cold Palace were summoned for an urgent meeting, and after all the maids left the Cold Palace, the fire began."

"How could they! My Xharmynt?! Is she still alive?! Tell me, is Xharmynt still alive?! Tell me, she's still alive! Tell me!"

"Calm down, Your Highness. Calm down, Your Highness! Please!"

"How can I calm down?! Tell me?! It's been almost eight years! I've been waiting for her for almost eight years, and now she'll vanish into thin air. This can't be happening! No! This can't be happening! Tell me, this can't be happening! Eunuch Xiang Jin and Eunuch Xiang Gui, you must find her no matter what happens."

"Y-yes, Your Highness Crown Prince Mio." both Eunuch Xiang Jin and Eunuch Xiang Gui answered in unison

"You may now depart and begin your search for her."

As soon as the Crown Prince delivered his last words, his two eunuchs instantly departed his chamber