Her Morning Sickness

It had been three days since the Emperor consummated his wedding day with his Concubine Shu Lin Mei, and Shu Lin Mei had already suffered from morning sickness after they had consummated their night.

"Announcing the arrival of His Majesty Emperor Mio Shin!"

"Mi-milady, the Emperor is here"

"皇上 h-huáng shang"

"No need to do it My Lady. H-how's your condition now?"

"L-l-lady Jin, I-i-i think I-i-i want to v-vomit again"

*retch*

*retch*

*retch*

"I suppose we should call the Imperial Physician right now! I'd like to know what's going on with her! Call for Imperial Physician, Eunuch Xin!"

"As you wish, Your Majesty!"

*retch*

*retch*

"Announcing the arrival of Imperial Physician Rui!"

"Your Majesty!"

*retch*

*retch*

"You know what to do Imperial Physician Rui"

"I understand, Your Majesty."

After his Concubine Shu Lin Mei stopped vomiting in front of the Emperor, Imperial Physician Rui carefully took her hand and checked her pulse. Before he carefully returned her hand, he triple-checked that what he had noticed was correct, and then he carefully returned her hand and smiled at the Emperor.

"Don't worry, Your Majesty; she's suffering from morning sickness because she's now bearing your dragon heir; congratulations! Your Highness and Your Majesty!"

"*gasp!* 皇上 h-huáng shang"

"谢谢 xièxie ni Imperial Physician Rui, 谢谢 xièxie ni my 娘娘 niáng niang Lin Mei," the Emperor exclaims in front of Lady Jin, Imperial Physician Rui, and Eunuch Xin, before kissing her.

"You must look after yourself and our baby inside your womb, my 娘娘 niáng niang, and as for your duty, you need not be concerned because 淑媛 shū yuàn Mu Zhongwei will take care of it beginning today, okay?"

"谢谢 x-xièxie ni 皇上 huáng shang"

"No, my 娘娘 niáng niang, I should be the one to thank you for bearing my heir and soon to be delivering it, 谢谢 xièxie ni my 娘娘 niáng niang, you have no idea how delighted I am when our Imperial Physician says you are bearing my successor, xièxie ni my niáng niang, 谢谢 xièxie ni."

"我爱你 w- ài my 娘娘 niáng niang"

"我爱你 w- ài 皇上 h-huáng shang"

Since then, the Emperor has visited his chosen Empress inside her chamber every morning, especially when he's finished with his meeting inside the Court Palace or if he wants to take a break from his work inside the Palace, to the point where even the other Concubines and his Consort Lei Nian Zhen, except for his childhood lover Lei Xharmynt, are jealous of the attention Shu Lin Mei receives from him.

*******

Emperor Mio Shin was busy feeding his chosen Empress inside her chamber the next day, while her chosen Empress Shu Lin Mei was gently caressing her abdomen, when her assigned Eunuch made an unexpected announcement.

"Announcing the arrival of Her Highness 貴妃 gui fēi Lei Nian Zhen!"

*gasp!* Shu Lin Mei greeted Emperor Mio Shin with a shocked expression on her face, and her hesitant tone of voice further added to her discomfort.

Emperor Mio Shin murmured to her, "Ssshhh... just go with the flow and follow my lead, okay?"

Shu Lin Mei murmured softly, "I-i-i got it, Your Majesty."

"Let her in!" Emperor Mio Shin yelled from within her chamber, and her designated Eunuch quickly unlocked the door, allowing the Emperor's Consort to enter.

"G-Greetings, 貴妃 gui fēi Nian Zhen"

"What do you want, Lei Nian Zhen?" Emperor Mio Shin asked, ignoring her and continuing to feed her chosen Empress, making her even more envious.

"皇上 h-huáng shang! I-i am here to inform you that I-i have completed my assigned work" Lei Nian Zhen replied, quietly trying not to be envious of their husband's attentive and passionate feeding of his other wife in front of her.

"Got it. Is that all you want to say, 貴妃 gui fēi Nian Zhen?" the Emperor questioned, his tone frigid and making her feel uneasy and humiliated over what she had spoken earlier.

"Yes, Your Majesty"

"Then I assume you already knew what to do; I only have two hands and one body, and because I'm still feeding my wife, I'm afraid I won't be able to accompany you outside her chamber, 貴妃 gui fēi Nian Zhen."

"I-i-i understand it, 皇上 h-huáng shang. I-i'm leaving now Your Majesty" Lei Nian Zhen said, but before she could open the door, she overheard the Emperor's sweet words towards his other wife and Shu Lin Mei's gentle laugh towards the Emperor, which annoyed and enraged her even more.

'Gggrrr... Right now, I should be in her place, not her! Shu Lin Mei, how dare you! I believed my sole competition in his love would be Mu Zhongwei, but suddenly another Concubine wants to be my opponent. Huh! Prepare yourself, Shu Lin Mei, Concubine of a lower rank, and you, Concubine Mu Zhongwei! Prepare for your Future Empress's anger *smirk* *evil laugh*'