The Truth and The Preparation

Inside the chamber of the Crown Prince

"It's been a week, and I still don't know where she is; I expected things to go easily, but I didn't expect to lose her; why? Why do I have to lose you, my Xharmynt?! Why?! Why?!"

"Please, Your Highness, calm down."

"Your Highness, your wedding with her elder twin sister will begin any minute now."

"Eunuch Xiang Jin and Eunuch Xiang Gui, please leave me alone first."

"But, Your Highness"

"There are no ifs or buts; just leave me alone!"

"Y-yes, Your Highness"

Meanwhile, inside the chamber of the chosen Crown Princess

The palace maid is now putting the chosen Crown Princess in her wedding gown; after that, they are styling her hair and applying make-up to make her look beautiful and presentable for her wedding to the Crown Prince.

They're finished in a matter of minutes. Lei Nian Zhen smiles triumphantly in the mirror, unable to believe she has been selected as the Crown Princess.

"It's me, Eunuch Shuang, Your Highness Crown Princess Nian Zhen!"

"Please come in!"

"Your Highness, everyone is already in the hall; only you and Crown Prince Mio are not there and everyone is waiting."

"Thank you, Eunuch Shuang"

"You're welcome, Your Highness"

As soon as Eunuch Shuang left Lei Nian Zhen's chamber, he went straight to the Crown Prince's chamber.

*******

After a week, Lei Xharmynt is still drowning in her deep slumber, while her pet Wuzi has already awoken. Everyone in the West Palace knows Lei Xharmynt is dead since her father placed a fake corpse outside the Cold Palace, which is close to where Lei Xharmynt has lived since she was seven years old.

Fortunately, King Lei Huizhong's countered plans succeed, and everyone believes it, especially his first wife Queen Yue Xhinhua. If he hadn't overheard his Queen Yue Xhinhua and his daughter Lei Nian Zhen's evil plans for their second daughter Lei Xharmynt, he would be sorry now. He adores Lei Xharmynt more than Lei Nian Zhen, to the point where he teaches her to read and makes her recite passages from books whenever he visits the Cold Palace. Because he knows Xharmynt enjoys reading, calligraphy, and martial arts, he also teaches her martial arts and fighting tactics.

And the truth about Xharmynt's birth is that she is his cherished and favored Concubine Wan Meixiang's daughter. Meixiang's untimely death was caused by her delivery to Xharmynt and not because of the poisoned that Queen Yue Xhinhua prepared for her, and it is a secret that only the King and those who assisted Meixiang in delivering her kid are aware of. When his first wife, Queen Yue Xhinhua, gave birth to their twins, one died and only Nian Zhen survived. Since the person who helped Meixiang also helped his first wife, he said that Xharmynt would pretend to be the other twin of Nian Zhen and the dead baby would be buried alongside his beloved Concubine Wan Meixiang so that no one would think Xharmynt was not her child.

King Lei Huizhong can now relax and be at ease, knowing that Lei Xharmynt is unharmed. He knows that one day, her beloved daughter Lei Xharmynt would save the world and bring peace to their turbulent times with her beloved man.

Meanwhile at the East Palace, inside the chamber of the Crown Prince

"It's me Eunuch Xiang Jin, Your Highness Crown Prince Mio!"

"Come in!"

"Your Highness, the palace hall is now ready, but we must inform you of some awful news."

"And what kind of terrible news is it, Eunuch Xiang Jin?"

"We're sorry for your loss, Your Highness, but Lei Xharmynt has already been confirmed dead, and her corpse has already been discovered outside the Cold Palace where she previously resided."

"What?! Why do I have to suffer Jin?! Why?! And now I have to marry her wicked twin sister *sniff* *sniff* Wait for me, My Xharmynt! I'll make sure that you get the justice that you deserve! *smirk* I'll make sure your twin gets a taste of hell after our wedding."

"Let's go, Eunuch Xiang Jin"

"Y-yes, Your Highness"