Her Reason and the Young Girl

The next day, before the celebration, Lei Nian Zhen began acting as if her special necklace had been misplaced and that if it was not discovered, all of the people there would be locked in the Dungeon, making everyone uneasy and scared. They're all aware that once they've been imprisoned in the dungeon, they'll never be able to escape. Queen Yue Xhinhua and King Lei Huizhong stated that everyone would be subjected to a one-by-one body search, with whoever was found to be the perpetrator would be poisoned. It had been three hours and none of them had been identified as the perpetrator until

"Your Majesties!"

"Is there anything going on outside the Palace, Court Lady Sheng and Royal Guard Wang?" the curious King inquired.

"Your Majesty! We're sorry to interrupt your celebration, but there's this young girl who insists she saw Her Highness Lei Nian Zhen's younger twin in the palace last night" stated Court Lady Sheng and Royal Guard Wang.

"What does this mean, Mom?" Lei Nian Zhen said furiously to her mother, Queen Yue Xhinhua.

"Let that young girl in!" exclaimed the King.

"Yes, Your Majesty"

*Plak*

"Ahhh!!" exclaims the young girl, who falls to her knees as she tries to move in front when someone blocked her way.

"What kind of scheme are you talking about, young girl? Don't you realize you'll be punished and executed if you give us false information?"

"I-i understand, Y-your Majesty. I-i am h-here to s-stand as w-witness. I-i was prepared to k-keep what I knew last night b-but wh-when I o-overheard someone say that a-all the people who j-joined the party w-will be locked up at the D-dungeon if the c-culprit is n-not yet f-found"

"Can you describe what you saw last night without stammering?" the King questioned the young girl, who was attempting to maintain his composure because of what he heard.

"I-i'll try, Y-your Majesty. I-i was here last night w-when you announced that there would be a celebration the next day. M-my parents were busy chatting with a close friend, and I-i was bored, so I wandered around the palace and saw the Princess s-secretly enter her room. I was about to follow her to make friends when I-i saw the Princess busy chatting with her nurse maid. At first, I thought I was hallucinating, but when I heard someone say that the Princess has a younger twin, I-i went to the particular location where Her Highness L-lei Nian Zhen and her nurse maid Min were busy chatting to each other, b-but my mother pulled me away and said we needed to return home. I-i was about to dispute with them when they insisted on going home, a-and the last thing I saw was Her Highness' younger twin shivering anxiously and leaving the palace without being noticed by the Royal Guards and t-that's what I knew Y-your Majesty" after the Young Girl stated, Lei Nian Zhen surreptitiously smiled at the outcome.

"That's it! We need to go at the Cold Palace and inspect all of Lei Xharmynt's possessions!" Queen Yue Xhinhua yelled angrily.

Inside the Cold Palace

Wuzi returns to the Cold Palace after spying in the Palace Hall and witnessing everything that happened there. She immediately wakes up Lei Xharmynt.

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"Hmmmnnn..."

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"Hmmmnnn Wuzi..."

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"All right, I'm already awake."

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"What?! Huh! Well, let it be Wuzi; after all, her necklace is no longer here; and if they are coming, I want you to find a secret location and hide; and whatever happens to me, don't get out of there. Okay?"

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

"All right, get out of here now, and I'll start pretending here."

"*Dook Dook Dook*"

As soon as Wuzi departed the Cold Palace, Lei Xharmynt secured the area to ensure that her twin sister's necklace was not in her possession again, and after double-checking, she pretended to fall asleep.

Minutes pass, and the five royal guards, along with the three court ladies and Queen Yue Xhinhua, King Lei Huizhong, and Lei Nian Zhen, Lei Xharmynt's older twin sister, visit the Cold Palace with her nurse maid Min and the witness.

As soon as they entered Lei Xharmynt's chamber, they all saw Lei Xharmynt fall into a deep slumber. To be fair, Queen Yue Xhinhua authorized the court women to pour cold water on her daughter Lei Xharmynt, and as a result of the cold water, a shock was inscribed in Lei Xharmynt's face as she shivered.

"M-mom, D-dad"

"*slap!* *slap!* *slap!* *slap!* after what you did to your older sister, how dare you call me Mom?!"

"I-i don't get what you're saying, Mom."

"*slap!* I told you not to call me Mom!"

"I-i'm sorry, Your Majesty, but I-i'm not sure what you're talking about."

"How can you deny it, freak! Go look through her belongings right now!"

All the court ladies and royal guards check Lei Xharmynt's things after Lei Nian Zhen spoke those words, while the other two royal guards tightly hold Lei Xharmynt to prevent her from fleeing and interfering with their search.

They reported there was no necklace in her stuff after a few minutes. The results astounded everyone, and Lei Nian Zhen snarled at her nurse maid Min.

"Your Majesty! We already found Her Highness Lei Nian Zhen's precious necklace" the two royal guards say as they lift up the necklace they discovered.

"We discovered it in Her Highness Lei Nian Zhen's drawer, and we have already ascertained that Lei Xharmynt did not escape her room in the Cold Palace" remarked another royal guard.

"What does this mean, Lei Nian Zhen? What kind of gimmick is this?!"

"I-i'm sorry Dad, I-i was only trying to frame Xharmynt, which is why I acted like this. P-please forgive me Dad... Please... forgive me Dad *sniff* *sniff.*"

"I can't believe you, Nian Zhen! How could you do this to your younger sister?! And you even involved this innocent young girl just to frame your twin! Do you have any remorse for what you've done?!"

"My King~~~"

"Shut up, Xhinhua! You've been protecting Nian Zhen for almost twenty-one years! What about your other daughter, Xharmynt?! For Pete's sake, Xhinhua! They're twins! How can you behave like you only have one child?!"