The Girl Behinds the Painting

Inside the chamber of the Crown Princess

"Aargghhh!! What the hell is his problem with me?! He acts sweet with me in front of his mother, but when we're alone, he treats me as if I'm nothing more than a speck of air passing through! And now he's even warned me in front of his Concubine! Just what the! Gggrrr!! I can't stand it any longer!"

"*gasp!* M-milady! Please, calm down!"

"How can I calm down here?! My husband and his Concubine are now inside his chamber, and who knows why she made her his Concubine! Huh! If she didn't want to dig her own grave, she shouldn't have accepted his offer to be his Concubine, and I'll make sure she gets to taste my wrath!"

"However, Milady, he's already warned you."

"I don't care what he says; if I can't have a happy life here in the Palace, I'll make sure that his Concubine and soon-to-be Concubines will suffer as well *smirk*."

Meanwhile, inside his chamber

"Your Highness, what a lovely artwork, may I know who she is?" the curious Concubine Mu Zhongwei inquired to Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin.

With a mix of emotions and feelings, the Crown Prince said, "*sigh* she's the first girl I felt in love with."

"What do you mean, your first wife? The girl we met earlier?" Mu Zhongwei enquired once again.

"No, it's not her, it's her younger twin sister Lei Xharmynt" the Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin said with a glitter of tears in his eyes, and Mu Zhongwei was aware of it, but she pretended as if she didn't care.

"Aww, I see then why you didn't marry her but instead her twin?" Mu Zhongwei asks him more questions.

"It's a long story, but to cut it short, I married her older twin sister so she could be free inside the Cold Palace, but when her twin sister passed the selection process to become my Crown Princess, someone arsoned her inside the Cold Palace, where she had lived since she was a child *sniff* *sniff*, and she's now dead. And even though she's not here anymore, I still adore her; even though I won't be able to see her again, my feelings for her remain unchanged. My one and only Lei Xharmynt was still my favorite. And when I married her older twin sister, I vowed myself that after our marriage was over, I would make her older twin sister suffer and taste misery." with mixed emotions and feelings, Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin confessed his secret to her.

"My apologies, Your Highness, this Concubine of yours had no idea that His Highness Crown Prince Mio's artwork had a nightmare reason behind it" Mu Zhongwei quickly knelt in front of him and bowed her head while apologizing to the Crown Prince.

"Aiyaah! Eh? Stand up my Mu Zhongwei, it's not your fault because you didn't know anything, and don't worry because I won't punish you for what happened, okay? Besides, it's already in the past, and as much as I wish I could bring her back to life, I can't, because she's already dead, and I hope she's already happy now for she's already free from her pains and sufferings before *sniff* *sniff*" Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin assisted her in standing up, but

"*gasp!* Your Highness! Help! Help!" Mu Zhongwei snatched him up immediately when Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin passed out with blood streaming down his nose.

When Eunuch Xiang Jin and Eunuch Xiang Gui heard her screaming inside his chamber, they rushed in and instantly assisted his Concubine Mu Zhongwei.

Three hours had gone and Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin had not yet awakened; another hour had passed and Mu Zhongwei could no longer controlled herself and asked his two Eunuchs about his condition

"What is going on with him?" Mu Zhongwei asked them in a serious tone

"It's a rare ailment that even the imperial physician can't heal him from, and it attacks him every time he has a mix of emotions and feelings, which is why his younger twin Princess Zhu Meihua always makes sure to balance his emotions" Eunuch Xiang Gui said

"Y-you mean he can't be healed except for balancing his emotions?" Mu Zhongwei asked them again

"As of now yes, b-but her younger twin is currently finding a way to cure him" Eunuch Xiang Jin answered her question

'Aiyaah! Stupid Lei Xharmynt! What have you done?! You're such a stupid self! You shouldn't have to asked him about the painting when in the first place you already knew what's the answer! Now look what happened to him?! You have triggered his condition! Aisshh!!' Mu Zhongwei now blames herself for triggering his rare illness of her first beloved Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin

"I'm such a stupid Concubine! I shouldn't have questioned him about those paintings?! Now what have I done?!" Mu Zhongwei can't help but cry from sorrow and regret, and Eunuch Xiang Jin consoles her by reminding her that it's not her fault.

"Your Highness, please calm down; it isn't your fault; you were unaware of his rare ailment at the time."

"However, if I hadn't asked him about his first love's painting, *sniff* I wouldn't have triggered his illness *sniff* *sniff*"

"Your Highness Mu Zhongwei, we understand your thoughts right now, and we are not blaming you for what happened to him."

*******

The following day, Mu Zhongwei falls asleep beside Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin, who is lying in his bed inside his secret chamber. When the Crown Prince notices something heavy on his stomach, he slowly opens his eyes and discovers his Concubine Mu Zhongwei sleeping beside him while leaning on his stomach. He has no idea what is going on with him, but he has already caught himself smiling in front of Mu Zhongwei, who is asleep.

He was going to wake up Mu Zhongwei, when one of his personal Eunuchs entered his secret chamber behind his hidden bookshelves.

Eunuch Xiang Jin welcomed him with, "Y-your Highness, good thing you've awakened now."

"W-what is going on outside in my chamber?" said Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin in his weak voice.

Eunuch Xiang Jin said with a regretful and trembling voice, "Your Highness, Her Highness Crown Princess Nian Zhen is waiting for you outside your chamber."

"Y-you mean, she already knows about my rare ailment?" Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin continues to question him in a weak voice, implying that he has not fully recovered from what happened to him yesterday.

"Please accept my apologies, Your Highness; this stupid lowly servant of yours deserves to be punished by rules" Eunuch Xiang Jin said as he knelt and bowed his head in front of Crown Prince Zhu Mio Shin.

"St-stand up Jin, I-i'm not blaming you, but I don't want to face her right now... if I'm going to see her it'll only make things worse."

"I-i got it, Your Highness" Eunuch Xiang Jin said before leaving his secret chamber to confront his first wife, Crown Princess Lei Nian Zhen.