Chapter 1

"I can't believe I'm back in Seoul!" you squealed, unzipping your last suitcase filled with your clothes and accessories. "But damn, I miss Busan."

It had been two days since you shifted to Seoul with your new bestfriend, who just finished her master's in cybersecurity and was hoping to find a good paying job here in Seoul.

"The best part is we're here together in our very own apartment!" Yeri said with a bright smile as she neatly arranged her books on the book shelf. "Maybe you'll be able to get your memories back too."

Kim Yerim (Yeri) was your bestfriend. Well, she was the only friend you had right now. You were forever grateful to her and her family for saving your life.

Around twenty months ago, Yeri and her family were driving around Jirisan (mountain) when they spotted you dying on the road, covered with cuts and bruises everywhere, with two bullets in your abdomen that were so close to damaging your organs. Yeri's parents, who happened to be doctors, rushed you to the nearest hospital where they treated you themselves. They said it was a miracle that you survived, considering the amount of blood you lost from getting shot.

They weren't able to contact anyone who knew you while you were in a coma for a month, so they decided to take you in, treating you like their own daughter, despite knowing that you were obviously someone involved in illegal, dangerous things. After all, you were shot.

Unfortunately, you suffered a memory loss of four years. The last thing you remember was running away from your cunning uncle, who was about to sell you in the flesh market when you just turned sixteen years old. He said that it was your 'birthday present,' and he 'fed you well for this very day.'

"Y/N, I finished unpacking, I'm gonna go sleep now," Yeri said sleepily, stifling a yawn. "I have to wake up early for the interview with Ateez Enterprise."

You nodded. "Good night!"

"Night!" Yeri hugged you before closing her bedroom door.

You kept your clothes in your closet and organized everything in your new room before you went to your balcony, looking down at the busy roads of Gangnam from the 23rd floor of your apartment.

You suddenly felt a sharp pain in your head, making you wince in pain. You placed your forehead against the cold balcony railing, taking deep breaths.

"I always liked tall apartments. I love seeing the city lights from here," you say, leaning against someone's chest as you looked at the vehicles moving below you.

The person kissed your temple. "That's why I decided to buy an apartment here," he chuckles, wrapping his arms around you. "Although, we can only come here when we're free, which is very rare."

The pain in your head dulled and your heartbeat sped up. It was a flashback. Yeri's mother told you that you would experience a lot of pain in your head as your memories come back slowly, in terms of flashbacks, whenever something triggers it.

You were disappointed that you couldn't see the man's face in your flashback. You were extremely curious, of course. It was obvious that you had some sort of romantic relationship with him.

But the question is, how long ago was it? Four years? Two?

Is the diamond ring you were found wearing given to you by him?

Is he still waiting for you?

Does he even remember you now?

---