Chapter 23

"Minchan, look at who I found!" Hoyoung says with fake happiness.

"Hello, Y/N," Minchan says politely. "I didn't expect you to be here."

You knew Minchan before you lost your memories. He was a good guy, honestly. But rivals are rivals.

"Hello, Minchan, how have you been?"

"I've been alright," he says with a smile. "I'm sorry I couldn't speak to you at Kai's wedding. I had to leave early."

You didn't even notice that he left early. "Oh, it's alright."

"So what are you doing here?" he questions, taking a sip of his drink.

"Heejin brought me along with her."

"Oh? You know Kanghyuk?" Minchan asks Heejin.

"I know his wife actually," Heejin smoothly lies. "She invited me. I didn't have a date, so I brought Y/N along."

"She broke up with Jongho, bro!" Hoyoung says happily.

"Oh, that's a pity," Minchan says, clearly amused.

"For him, yes," Hoyoung smirks, wrapping his arms around Heejin's bare waist. "I've been waiting for his moment for a long time now."

"Jongho, calm down," you hear Seonghwa say.

"He has his filthy hands around her!" you hear Jongho yell.

Heejin pushed Hoyoung's hands off. "Dude, I have a girlfriend."

The smile on Hoyoung's face faltered. "You're a lesbian? But you were dating Jongho!"

"That's why we broke up. I have no interest in men," she lies and rolls her eyes. "Now, excuse me, I have a girlfriend waiting for me at home."

You and Heejin bow to the men before making your way to the restroom. You put on your clothes before leaving, making sure they weren't following you.

~

"Why are there three broken watermelons on the floor?" you ask when you get home.

"Jongho's pissed," Yeosang says with a shrug. Right. You forgot Jongho pretty much murders fruits when he's upset.

"While he was smashing them, he kept saying 'fuck you, Hoyoung,'" Mingi chuckles. "It was quite amusing to watch, honestly."

"Oh, I missed it," you say with a pout.

"Y/N!" Yeri yelled, running to hug you. "I hacked into the security cameras! I did it!"

You chuckle, hugging her back. "I'm proud of you!"

"Thanks!" she says before running into Wooyoung's arms on the couch. They were so cute!

You were all were talking happily for a while until you heard Yeosang yelling for Seonghwa.

Yeosang emerged in the living room, leaning on an unknown girl, bleeding heavily from his abdomen. He collapsed onto the floor, gasping for air.

"Fuck! Yunho, Mingi, carry him to the medical room!" Seonghwa yelled. You sat beside Yeosang, taking his hand in yours while tears streamed down your face.

"Don't cry, I'm fine," he whispered to you with a smile, before Yunho and Mingi picked him up carefully, carrying him to Seonghwa's room.

"What happened?" Hongjoong asked the girl.

"Yeosang saved me. I-I was getting sexually assaulted," the girl explained, "That guy stabbed him and ran away."

"Do you remember what the guy looks like?" San asked, trying to say calm. "Any detail? Even something minor would help."

She shakes her head. "No, he was wearing a mask. Although, I did notice that he had a tattoo on his arm. It was the letter V. Two V's one below the other."

"It's Verivery," Wooyoung immediately states coldly before turning to the girl. "You're not safe anymore. Since one of us saved you, they'll come after you."

"U-Um... W-What do you mean?" she asked shakily. Anyone could tell that she was really scared of us and of course, the entire situation.

"Hey, don't be scared," you say softly. "We're gonna protect you."

"F-From that guy?"

"Yeah," you assure her with a smile. "What's your name?"

"Kim Jiwoo," she says, relaxing a bit. "But please, call me 'Chuu.'"

---