Chapter 22

He leaned in closer before reaching behind you for another packet of seaweed crisps. He continued to scroll through his phone like as if nothing even happened.

You, on the other hand, currently have a heart that's beating rapidly in your chest. You smiled, happy that he wasn't being rude to you for now.

You silently watched him while you drank your coffee, thinking about how you'll get him to believe that you got your memories back. You needed solid proof to convince someone like San, and now it's much more difficult, considering the fact that it's you.

"I can feel you staring, you know?" he says, running a hand through his hair, making your heart race.

"I-I wasn't staring," you stammer.

"Y/N, I—" he says and stops when he realized that he called you by your name.

"Hey, why are you both up?" Hongjoong says sleepily, entering the room while rubbing his eyes.

"I can't sleep."

You and San say at the same time, making Hongjoong smile.

"Why are you up?" you ask.

"We have a mission today," he answers, brewing some coffee for himself. "I woke up early to prepare."

Ah, typical Hongjoong. He always makes sure that he has everything ready— plans, weapons, and all.

"Speaking of which, Y/N, you'll be taking part in it," Hongjoong says. "It's Yeri's first mission too."

"Yeri?! She decided to join?" you asked, clearly surprised.

Hongjoong nodded. "Wooyoung's not happy about it, but he'll get over it."

"What's her position?"

"She's good at hacking so that's her position for now," he says. "She still needs to learn how to fight."

"Alright, so what's the plan for today?"

~

"You know, the bikini really suits you," Heejin chuckles, making you thank her. You both were currently at a pool party in a famous politician's mansion. The man has been illegally getting votes and rumor has it that he's involved in human trafficking and making some deals with a mafia gang.

You were trying to keep an eye out for anyone who you think would look like they belonged in the mafia, but considering how everyone was in bikinis and trunks, you couldn't make out.

You sipped on your cocktail while conversing with Heejin to blend in. You were just about to tell Hongjoong that you couldn't find anyone when you suddenly found someone extremely familiar, talking to an elderly woman.

"Hongjoong," you say, adjusting the microearpiece, "I found someone familiar."

"Who?"

"Minchan."

"Fuck, it's Verivery!" you heard Yeosang say. "Yeri and I hacked into the security cameras. Five of them are there."

"Hey, Y/N, right?" Fuck.

"Yes," you answer. "Do I know you?"

"Ah, yeah, I forgot about your memory loss," he chuckles. "I'm Bae Hoyoung."

"What memory loss?" you heard San say.

"How did you know I had a memory loss?" you ask, raising an eyebrow.

"O-Oh, um," he stutters, "Word just goes around, I guess?" he lies.

"How nice of you to not say hello to me, Hoyoung," Heejin says sarcastically.

"My apologies, Heejin," he smirks, looking at her from head to toe. "I must say, you do look stunning. Are you still with that cunt?"

"That fucker," you hear Jongho say angrily.

"No, I'm not," Heejin lies for the mission, "We broke up recently. I'm not with Ateez anymore."

"Oh, that's great! You were dating Choi San, right?"

"Choi Jongho," she corrects.

"Ah, sorry," he chuckles, "That's Y/N's man. Oh, wait! Not anymore."

You roll your eyes. "I never even dated San."

"Oh, it's a shame that you don't remember," he laughs, averting his eyes elsewhere. "Ah, Minchan, Come here!"

---