Chapter 26

"Fuck!" San yells as soon as Suyeon hung up. To say he was furious would be an understatement.

"San, calm down," Seonghwa says softly.

"How can I calm down when I... I-I..." he finally breaks down in tears. "Hyung, I was so h-horrible to her. I-I thought she was an e-enemy," he says through sobs. Mingi, who was sitting right beside San, wrapped his arms around him.

"It's okay, cry it all out," Mingi says, holding San tightly while he broke down. It really hurt everyone to see him like that. San was always so cheerful.

"We need t-to... get her back, I-I... can't lose her a-again," San tries to say through sobs.

"We will, San," Hongjoong says with a small smile, squeezing the younger man's shoulder. "I promise we'll get her back. She's our Y/N."

"San, you have to stay strong, okay?" Wooyoung says while wiping San's tears, making him nod. "Please be strong for Y/N."

~

"I found their location," Yeosang says nonchalantly, not looking up from the computer screen, making everyone look at him expectantly.

"Where are they?" Jongho questions.

"Near Jirisan," he answers with a sigh.

"So they wanna play this game again huh," Wooyoung says, rolling his eyes.

"They're trying to recreate the scenario from almost two years ago," Heejin states.

"If we aren't smart enough this time, they'll make sure they will kill her properly this time," Seonghwa says with a sigh. "They know we can't give them all that information. We could put our allies in danger as well."

"I agree," Mingi states.

"Yeah, we have to be extremely careful," Hongjoong says, rubbing his temples. "We can't let our guard down like last time."

"We could trick them," Yeri suggests.

"How?"

"We'll give them all the information that they want," Yeri explains. "But we'll falsify that information and put a virus."

"Yes, that would work. Yeri and Yeosang, work on that," Hongjoong instructs, making the pair nod before he turned to Chuu. "Jiwoo, are you confident about using a gun now?"

"Yup," she says with a smile.

"Everyone else knows what to do, right?" Hongjoong asks, making the rest of the boys nod. "Alright, let's get to work."

~

You didn't know where you were and how many days had passed. You were assuming it's been five days, since one of the Verivery boys comes in and gives you a meal-one meal a day. You refused to eat initially, but you were starving.

You heard the door unlock before Gyehyeon entered with a bowl of fried rice on a tray.

So today was day six.

"Hello, Y/N," Gyehyeon says with a smirk, handing you your food. "I heard your brother survived."

You didn't say anything as you began eating.

"I should've stabbed him in the chest instead," Gyehyeon continued while watching you eat. "Such a pity."

"Where is this place?" you ask after finishing your food.

"We're near Jirisan," he chuckles. "Don't worry, you're gonna be with us since it looks like Ateez doesn't give a fuck about you anymore."

"What do you mean?" You felt so anxious.

"They aren't coming to get you," he says, "It's almost been a week. Plus, why would they want you? They got used to thinking you were dead. If we killed you now, it wouldn't even make a difference."

He does have a point. Plus, why would they trade all the information they have just for you?

---