Chapter 5

"I don't even think I need to ask you how your night went," you said with a laugh, looking at Yeri who just came home. She was literally struggling to walk straight.

She playfully glared at you before her cheeks started turning pink. "I thought it would just be a typical one night stand, but he took care of me so well." she gushes, "We had breakfast together and he wants to hang out tomorrow to get to know each other better."

"Well, I'm happy for you," you say genuinely, smiling at your bestfriend. "It hasn't even been a week since we came here and you've already found someone? Damn, girl! "

She blushed. "Thanks, Y/N. I know you'll find someone soon too! Anyway, I'm gonna go do a bit of research on the company now," she said, waddling her way to her room.

You chuckle at the sight. "The dick was really that good, huh?" you teasingly question.

"The best I've ever had," she answers, giggling like a high-school girl whose crush just confessed to her.

~

Two weeks later.

You were taking an evening walk in the park, listening to some music as you observed the clouds moving and the sky getting darker and darker. You smiled, watching parents leave with their whining kids who still wanted to play on the slides and swings in the playgrounds.

Unfortunately, you didn't get to come to the playgrounds with your parents, since they were always busy. They were murdered when you were just nine years old, leaving you with your uncle and his family, who treated you like trash. You had an older brother who you never saw ever again after you were seven years old. Your parents only told you that he was far away, and to never try to find him in the future.

It was only a quarter to seven, so you decided to walk for a little longer, thinking about what you should have for dinner tonight.

You were just about to call Yeri to confirm if she was staying over at Wooyoung's place, when you felt someone place a cloth over your mouth and nose, forcefully making you inhale the strange scent on it.

Your vision was getting blurry as you struggled to remove the person's hand from your face.

In a few seconds, everything went black.

~

"Excuse me, sirs, I-I have some news for you," one of Ateez's men said, entering their conference room after knocking and getting permission to go in.

"Yeah?" Mingi asks, not looking up from the paper he was reading.

"Why are you shaking, Changwoo?" Yunho asked.

Changwoo was known as Ateez's all-in-one. He drives whenever they're on missions, guards the house when they aren't there, cooks for them since they're always usually very tired, all that stuff. He can do basically anything you tell him to.

"I-I... I, umm—" Changwoo glanced nervously between San and Yeosang.

"What's wrong?" Yeosang asked, getting annoyed at his silence. "You either speak properly or don't speak at all."

Changwoo shakily placed a ring on the table, catching the attention of all the eight men.

San picked the familiar ring up, examining it and ignoring the pain in his chest. San took a deep breath, "Is this some kind of joke?"

"Sir, let me explain. I spotted someone on my way here who looked exactly like... miss Y/N," he said hesitantly, looking down at his feet.

"That's not possible," San said sternly, clenching his jaw.

The rest of the boys looked visibly shocked except for Seonghwa; he knew he wasn't hallucinating before. At least someone believes him now.

"Sir, I made her unconscious and brought her here. She's in the interrogation room," Changwoo said, glancing at his watch. "She should be awake by now."

"What?" Yeosang murmured, still in disbelief. "Let's go see who this is, then."

---