Chapter 10

After Wonwoo was finally asleep, Jiwoo went back to the kitchen to do the dishes with the sound of rumbling washing machine.

"Does he always look like that? Or was it puberty? He seems... different. Did something happen when he lived with mum?" She kept asking questions to herself. "If that Ki Taeseong guy is his friend, why did he get beaten?"

She scrubbed the pan harder.

"Ugh, this hurts my head. I need to smoke."

The laundries were all hung up on the rooftop. Jiwoo didn't want to risk her linen bedsheets smelled like cigarettes so she went to the usual minimart.

She bought a can of coffee cream and sat on the front chairs. As she started to smoke while checking her phone, someone stood before her.

"It's weird to see you on daylight like this."

Jiwoo smiled as she found it was Yuta. "I know. But it shocks me more to see you look all clean and not in your high school uniform. And on daylight, at that."

"Well, it's Saturday, so..."

"Are you on your way to a date or something?" She noticed that he was quite dressed, as if he was going to impress someone with that.

"Date?? No." He chuckled.

"That's too bad, since you look good today." She puffed her cig again.

"Then should I go on a date?"

She nodded. "Of course. I believe there should be one or two girls in your class who has a crush on you. Not to mention that you're in a soccer team."

"You're being delusional." Yuta laughed.

"Hmm, or do you want me to introduce you to cute girls in my math class?"

"No. Why should I?"

"So you can go on a date." Jiwoo put down her cig and checked her phone, thinking hard. "Was it Yeonhee? Or Yuna? It should be somewhere around here... where's the photo..."

"Jeon Jiwoo."

"Hm?" She responded while still browsing her phone's camera roll.

"Can you go on a date with me today?"

"Hm." She replied lightly. Then she noticed something. "Hm??"

Yuta smiled widely. "It's a yes, then?"

"Wait. Shouldn't you ask these girls first? I mean, I wasn't even-"

"Let's go. I'm hungry." He stood up and patted her shoulder.

She was left confused.

Jiwoo inhaled the ramen broth while holding the chopsticks. The clear broth still amazed her for about ten minutes and didn't quite notice that Yuta was staring at her weirdly.

"So this really is your first ramen in your life?" He asked.

She nodded. "Why?"

"Nothing. You do seem to be that way."

"What way?"

"A foodie. You look nothing like it. I bet you just eat whatever makes you full."

"And cigs. Don't forget about that." She grinned. "I rarely sit with someone for food, sharing the table and all. Maybe that's why."

Yuta took his chopsticks. "What about your brother? Don't you two live together?"