Chapter 15

After the soccer practice was over, Yuta found Jiwoo was near the bleachers. He waved at her. She had to teach math class at 7, the one Taeyong was in, and Yuta insisted to join the math class. He said he had to go to the studio with Taeyong after the class anyway.

"It ended earlier than usual, don't you think?" Jiwoo asked him.

"I'm just happy it ends." He smiled, drinking his water. "Nice to see you here."

"Yeah, I got called by Wonwoo's homeroom teacher awhile ago."

"What happened?"

"Him skipping classes is the usual, but he hasn't been attending school these past two-three weeks." She sighed. "But he looks fine at home."

Yuta recalled his conversation with Wonwoo at Ojigu that day. He could be fighting some students from another high school.

"Do you have any idea?"

He stared at her, contemplating whether he should tell her or not. "Not really." He decided not to tell.

His eyes then followed his fellow soccer club members who were chitchatting and seemed to be talking about Jiwoo. When the boys came to talk to him, he stood in front of her, covering her completely behind her.

"Sunbae."

"Hm?"

"You'll come for next week's MT, right?" The junior asked him but his eyes tried to find out about Jiwoo, so did the others.

Yuta pulled Jiwoo closer to his back so she couldn't be seen. "I will."

"Okay. See you, sunbae."

Jiwoo stood silently that she could hear the boys were talking about her.

"Did you get to see her face? She looks like our hakwon teacher."

"Do you think she's Yuta sunbae's girlfriend?"

"I don't know, but they seem close..."

Their voices slowly dissolved into nothing as they left the school yard.

"Why did you do that?" She asked Yuta. "They can just see my face, it's okay."

He turned to her, smiling. "I don't know. An instinct?"

Yuta packed his soccer shoes and towels into his duffle bag. She was still in her own head.

'Right, Nishiken? Or should I say..., The Fist from The West?'

Wonwoo's words replayed in his head.

"I just feel like you'll be in trouble when people are familiar with your face, that's why." He blurted.

Jiwoo raised her eyebrows. "Huh?"

"Let's go. I need to bother Taeyong."

Jab!

Another fist hit Wonwoo's jaw. He backed up a little to fix his stance.

"Is this some kind of mockery that Eundo-go sent some lethargic-looking boy here??"

"I see you're fighting with your mouth." Wonwoo added more fuel to his opponent's rage.

"You little fuck!"

Wonwoo kicked the guy's shin and did triple jabs on his neck and chest. He also avoided the wrist-lock.

"Eundo-go, you say? More like, Eunso-go. You all will turn to ashes." (*eundo: silver; eunso: ashes)

"Do you plan to burn my school, then? Please, by all means, be my guest. Have it your way." Wonwoo provoked them. "I don't even like being in school anyway."