Chapter 30 - end

Inhae poured makgeolli into Wonwoo's cup, hoping it would console him. But he knew by looking the white band on Wonwoo's all-black attire, it wouldn't help.

"I don't think she wants you to be sad all the time." Inhae took a sip of his makgeolli.

Yuta had been sitting in front of the altar for three hours now. He didn't care about the cramps and pains. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't cry. Seeing Jiwoo's smiling photo in front of him, he was in need of a good cry to let her go. 

The other band members also arrived to send prayers for Jiwoo. Among them, Kim Chan also present with the help of a nurse next to him.

After the ceremony, Taeseong and Chan stayed with Yuta and Wonwoo.

"You know... I think she went into my dream..." Chan started to speak. "She told me to survive."

"I think she did go into mine, too, before she..." Wonwoo gulped. "Stupid. Why would she do that...?"

Yuta felt the same way and didn't want to share the same experience with them.

"Well... even if she didn't go into mine, I still think of her as a family." Taeseong finished his soju.

"I think she wasn't alone when she spoke to me. There was a guy. In high school uniform. But I couldn't see his face..." Chan added. He stared at Wonwoo. "On a glimpse, he looked like you, though."

Wonwoo felt the burning chest again. "Aishh, that bastard..."

"Yah, must you really curse at times like these?" Taeseong slapped Wonwoo's thigh.

"But at least she's with her family, now." Wonwoo smiled, looking at Jiwoo's photo. He now realised that it was only reasonable that her real brother picked her up.

"But you're alone now. You're the last Jeon in your family." Chan said. Taeseong nodded.

Yuta poured soju into his glass.

"What alone... I've always been alone." Wonwoo took Yuta's glass and emptied the soju in one go. "What about you, heartbroken man?"

"Me?" Yuta pointed at himself. "I don't know. I have to do the showcase." He heard what she said to him that she would come to the showcase. As weird as promises went, he had high hopes to actually see her.

The showcase was a success. Inhae joined Gureum members minus Wonwoo, to enjoy the performances. Youngho came with his new friends and they got introduced to a future additional member for NCT to play guitar.

Yuta searched the crowd. No signs of Jiwoo.

But the cheering from the audiences kept him smiling and enjoyed giving them the best performances.

That's when he realised, with the smile on his face: Jiwoo was there. Not in her flesh, not in her spirit, but as the energy that kept him smiling.

Wonwoo placed the new urn into the box next to the very familiar urn box. He placed Jiwoo's framed photograph, her father's lighter, her favourite pack of cigarettes, and her watch that had always been around her wrist everyday.

He gave prayer for her before going to Mrs Jeon and the real Jeon Wonwoo's urn. He also gave prayers for them.

"Please take care of Jiwoo-noona now, Wonwoo-ya. I'm glad you can meet her again." He placed the name badge 'Jeon Wonwoo' next to the 'Jung Hyunwoo' name badge.

But the 'Jeon Wonwoo' name badge fell to the ground.

"What is it now...?" He picked it up and placed the name badge in his palm. He stared at the photo of two little boys. "What? Do you really want me to live as Jeon Wonwoo forever?"