Chapter 21

(Flashback)

Wonwoo brushed the biscuit crumbs on his middle school's uniform. He got iced chocolate in one hand and his phone on the other. His eyes were fixed on something. Someone.

He was following someone.

The girl was doing her part-time job at a minimart. He checked his phone again and made sure that it was the day of her shift. He kept a note on what, where and when she did part-time jobs. Mondays and Thursdays were café across the post station; Tuesdays were flower shop; Wednesdays, Fridays and the weekend were the minimart. All shifts were 6 to 7 hours.

She was wiping the front table and threw the leftovers of ramyeon cups into the bin.

He stood across the street, occasionally sipping his iced chocolate.

"Oh? I know your face! Hyunwoo....right?" Someone approached him.

"Oh? Taeseong-hyung?"

"You're..." The big guy looked closely at the name badge. "Aaah~ you're Wonwoo. You two look alike sometimes that I can't tell who is who."

"Ah, I guess so..."

"What are you doing here?" Taeseong learned the school patch. "Dokhye-cho? That school is close to my working place!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, yeah. After the fire I moved to that neighbourhood and started to live by my own hands, doing things I could do and stuffs. Some of my friends go there too." He got excited and kept asking Wonwoo. "Where do you want to go in high school? Eundo-go? Daesan-go?"

Wonwoo wasn't familiar with both names.

"I'm choosing Eundo-go. It's all-boys school; not that prestigious but at least it's not that expensive, hehe."

"That sounds nice, all-boys school... Eundo-go?"

"Hm-hm." Taeseong nodded. "But it's quite far from Dokhye-cho, don't you think? 40-50 minutes, I think? Or is it more..."

Wonwoo took a glance at the girl in the minimart and she was studying when there was no customers. "I'll think about it... I've been thinking of moving out to a new neighbourhood..."

Taeseong noticed that he was keeping an eye on someone. "Your crush?" He followed Wonwoo's line of sight and found the girl.

"What? No. She's um, she's my...sister. Kind of. We just haven't met for like, 10 years?"

"Really? She looks nothing like you, though."

"Eeyy~"

"It's a joke, relax. Why don't you greet her?"

"I've been following her and entered her part-time places multiple times but she has never, not even once, noticed me."

"Hmm... Want me to greet her?"

"No, that's fine... why would you even want to do that though..."

"Just because. I live in near this neighbourhood so I walk pass that minimart almost everyday. I can watch her for you if you want. We're brothers, right?"

"Really? Can you really do that?"

Taeseong nodded. "I'm fine with that. What's her name anyway?"

"Jiwoo noona. Jeon Jiwoo."

"I'm not good with associating faces with names but I'll try when I see her on the streets."

Wonwoo smiled. "Eundo-go, right? I'll see you there, hyung."