Chapter 19

"...then if you add the x into this equation, you will find both values of a and b. This third equation then will-" Jiwoo took a deep breath and sighed heavily. She paused writing on the board.

Only few of the class paid attention to her, including Taeyong and Youngho. Even though they didn't get any of what she was saying.

She stared at the students. "You know what? I'm going to call it off for the day. You're dismissed." She closed the book and cheers of joy filled the classroom. All of them were busy packing their stuffs.

Taeyong stared at Jiwoo while he was on his phone, thinking whether to text Yuta or not.

"You want a ride?" Youngho nudged his elbow. The tall guy sat on his desk.

"Pass. Something is bothering me..." He decided not to text Yuta and shoved his phone into his pants side pocket. "Besides, I have to go to Ojigu. Jaehyun asked me to help him."

"Well, good luck. It's Wednesday, by the way, today." Youngho checked his cigarette pack to see if he still had one or two in it.

"What's with Wednesday?"

"Nothing." He walked toward the door. "Didn't you say you have a coupon for Wednesday?"

"Coupon???" Taeyong was confused as he left alone in the class. His eyes then followed Jiwoo. He was sure something happened during the camp last weekend, but couldn't seem to ask either Jiwoo or Yuta about it.

Youngho decided to go straight home. He didn't have to go to his piano class that day.

At the stoplight, he spotted Jiwoo who was walking alone. He believed she was on her way to her usual minimart.

Then his eyes caught something by the corner. An irritatingly unfamiliar uniform of Daesan-go. There were five or six boys, and one of them pointed toward Jiwoo's direction.

He shifted his gaze between Jiwoo and the Daesan-go boys a few times before the light went green.

"Whatevs. Not my business anyway." He then turned to other direction, opposite of the minimart location.

Jiwoo wondered where Wonwoo stayed these past days. He didn't go home ever since. She also wondered if she should call him Wonwoo or Hyunwoo.

The broken lighter also hurt her. Her father once told her that it would protect her whenever she needed him.

"Maybe I shouldn't smoke that much after all... Now I've used up all of the-"

"Jiwoo-ssem?"

She looked up and noticed the face who greeted her. But she couldn't get his name. Looking up to his name badge on his chest, she found out that it was Kim Chan. She also took a glance at the Daesan-go school emblem on the other chest.

"You seem to forget that we have arranged an extra class for me today...?" He said nicely, almost sounded like an aegyeo if she tried to.

"Ahh! Right!" She gasped and covered her mouth. "I totally forgot about that, sorry, Chan-hakseng."

He smiled. "That's fine by me."

"Sorry, okay? I'll treat you iced choco next time."

"But, ssem..." Chan smirked. "Do you have time?"

"You mean like right now?"

"I heard you smoke. So I wonder if you join me and my friends. We think you're cool so we kind of want you to, I don't know, hang out with us?"