X

P A I N

From the Point of View of Giannis Anteokounpo

I remember the days when I was a Kid in Athens Greece, I was on the streets with my brothers, trying to sell things to tourists as they walked by. We were ignored most of the time, but there were some people who bought somethings from us. We were dirt poor and everyone in my family did their part to keep the family afloat. When I was young, I wanted to play football (Soccer) just like my dad. But it was my older brother Thanasis (Tha-Nah-Sis) that introduced me to the game of Basketball. From that point on, and with the support of my family, my love for basketball grew stronger and stronger every time I played the game. During those years, I drove myself beyond my limits. I did so because my dad was very hard on all of his sons. He wanted us to always be excellent in everything we did because we were a representation of him and the Antetokounmpo name.

My dad was the reason my heart was cold and hard. It finally came to me... when I was trying to find myself I was shunned when I told him my thoughts about love, I remember him telling me that Antetokounpo men don't do "that shit." I now understood that my dad played a role of why I was so dark, but he did not deserve most of the blame, only part of it. My eyes were wide open now. When I had the chance to express myself it was stolen from me, I was so close to learning about myself and finally living the life I wanted to live and understand why I felt the way I felt. My freedom was stolen from me... and for that... that man must pay the price...

From the Point of View of Xavier James

There was only one word going through my mind when Ben and Leonard were about to beat the shit out of each other at that very moment...That word was "Panic." I know that wouldn't be the best solution to this problem right now.. There was a dark energy within the room, I could feel it. These two had to stay very far away from each other very quickly. If that didn't happen, I feared things would escalate quickly.

"Ben just leave please!" I sobbed.

"Naw bruh he ain't finna talk to me like a fucking fool!" He growled at Lenny.

"Naw Xavier. Let him try me. Let's see what this Lil pussy ass pretty boy is all about!" Lenny teased.

"Ben please just leave. Lenny is drunk and out of his mind. Just leave please!" I cried trying to hold Lenny back.

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

"Aight! I'll leave!" I griped.

I grabbed my keys and my phone from the other side of the room and I slammed the door behind me. The old me wouldn't have been so civilized. I would've beaten his ass if Xavier wasn't holding him back. It's a damn shame that a gorgeous young man such as a Xavier has to deal with trash like Lenny. He deserves more than that. From then on, I vowed to make Xavier mine. I am a man of my word and when say something I mean it.  By any means necessary I will make Xavier my boyfriend.