XIII

Show Me, Love...All You Gotta Do Is Say Yes...

All You Gotta Do Is Say Yes

XAY (Xavier) 😍🥺✨✨

From the Point of View of Xavier James

The View from the Steps at the Philadelphia Musem of Art

I sat on the steps in front of the art museum, and I cried. I felt like my heart was ripped from the chest. I opened up to him, I gave him my all, and I felt like he threw it all away like trash for a quick nut. I felt like I wasn't worth it. I felt like this could've been some sick joke. Or maybe all of this could've been a dream. I continued to cry my eyes out because I didn't know what else to do. I stared at the skyline of the city as I sat and thought about my next steps. I know that now I was free...I am single, and now its time to glow up on a nigga.

📲Ben: I'm on Ben Franklin Parkway heading to you asap.

I read Ben's text message, and I sat my phone down next to me. I continued to look at the skyline and thought about how stupid I was, I thought about all the times how Lenny tried to make me conform to his will and make me do the things he wanted to do. He wanted to have control over me because he was cheating on me the whole time. That had to be the reason why. Why would anyone want complete control over you, it was only because he was trying to hide his infidelity.

"Xavier?" I heard Ben ask.

I looked around, and I saw Ben walking toward me in a gray suit. He had a look of concern on his face. He sat down next to me, and he grabbed my hand.

"What's wrong?" Ben asked as he held my hand.

"It's a lot Ben." I sniffed as tears began to roll down my face.

"Xay? What happened." Ben whispered as he moved closer to me.

"He cheated on me! Leonard cheated on me!" I yelled in anger as the tears streamed down my face.