XXII

Every time I Win, I Take A Bruising...

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

We were about thirty minutes away from Sunflower, Mississippi. Shake, Tobias and I were deep within the Mississippi Delta, as we continued to follow Jamie. There was farmland as far as the eye could see, nothing but endless seas of corn or cotton. Suddenly, Jamie pulled over in front of us. To the left of us was a cotton field and to the right of us there was an entrance to a large plantation. Shake, Tobias and I looked at each other in bewilderment for a second. Jamie hopped out of his car and he pulled up the hood of his car. Smoke rose from the engine compartments, the three of us wondered was this some trick, or did Jamie really need our help... I guess we will have to find out.

"What's going on?" I asked as I stook my head out of the window of the Bently truck.

"I'm a little low on oil..." Jamie sighed in irritation as he fanned the smoke away from him.

I let up the window so I could ask Tobias and Shake for advice on how to handle this type of situation.

"What the fuck should we do?" I asked confused as shit.

"I mean nigga we gotta go...Who knows what could be going on..." Tobias said as he leaned upfront.

"I feel you Tobias, but we don't just wanna leave ole dude up here alone in front of a fucking plantation. Who knows what the fuck could be going on up here... You don't want him to be attacked while he's left out here all alone... Plus I'm tryna make his Lil short sexy ass mine, so I can't do that if we leave him..." Shake smirked before he licked his lips. Tobias and I turned and gave Shake the side-eye.

"Ok, so here's the plan, we are gonna drive up to the plantation, and see if someone is willing to give us some oil for Jamie's car. In the meantime, I'll take my gun for protection and Tobias you'll stay here and guard the car with your gun..." I announced as I turned and looked at both of the guys.

"Wait? How you know I had my gun?" Tobias quizzed.

"Let's be honest, you came down here on your private jet, I know you ain't travel down here without any heat (A Gun)..." I replied with a chuckle.

"True, True..."

We pulled up and told Jamie the plan. He hopped in the truck and the four of us headed down a dirt road to the plantation...