XIX

I Promise...

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

I sat on the sofa speechless. I stared at Xavier as he held the phone. Buddy was panicking on the other side of the phone. I will go to Atlanta to face this unknown person, I will because I love Buddy, I am my brother's keeper and I will protect him. Buddy would do the same for me, so Xavier and I must go. Suddenly the home phone began to ring. I walked into the living to answer it, Xavier followed me as he continued to try and calm Buddy down on the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

No one said a word, I could only hear someone breathing, so I decided to hang up the phone. I didn't have time for games. I had a crisis on my hands, and per usual, I had to deal with it. Xavier gave me a confused look as he held my cell phone up to his ear and talked with Buddy.

"Hold up Buddy...Imma call you right back, it's something going on with Ben." Xavier said before he hung up.

"Ben who was that on the phone?" he asked with a confused look on his face.

"I have no idea...It was some person...just breathing on the phone, like a weirdo...I just hung up the phone."

"What the fuck?" Xay replied with a look on concern in his face.

"Yeah... this shit is starting to not phase me anymore... which is weird but true..." I said with a blank look on my face as the phone started to ring again.

I picked up the phone and I put it on speaker, I wanted Xavier to hear everything...

"I will get you, Ben...You will fall from Grace...I will make sure of it... I will get you..." a computerized voice spoke from the phone.

Xavier's eyes grew wide as he planted a haunted expression upon his face. I grew angrier and angrier by the millisecond. I was not gonna let someone harass me in my own home. I was determined to not let them frighten me, and especially Xavier. My main priority was protecting him and making sure he was comfortable. I wanted to make sure he didn't have a thing to worry about.

"Ben?" Xavier's voice trembled as he had a grave look upon his face.

"Yes, babe?" I asked as I tried my best to keep an emotionless look on my face.

"I just want you to be ok...I just want you to be ok..." Xavier said as tears began to fall from eyes.

"Baby, I will be ok... I promise..." I said with downcast eyes as I pulled him in, close to me.