I

From The Point of View of Xavier James

Thank God I completed my studies for the night. I had a plethora of work to finish tonight, an excel spreadsheet, a couple of quizzes, and a marketing project. Being a college student, especially a Business major at a well know business school is challenging. But through dedication and staying focused, I've made it this far because the tassel is worth the hassle. I'll be graduating in May! I cleaned up my room in anticipation that my best friend, Leonard, should come over tonight. We were supposed to watch the basketball game tonight—the Philadelphia 76ers versus the New York Knicks. Suddenly, the door opened with such a force that it slammed on the wall behind it. There stood my best friend at the entrance of my room.

Leonard was from the backwoods of Mississippi. From a small town in the Mississippi Delta called Sunflower. Leonard was a big guy, 6'5 in height, and about two hundred twenty-five pounds. He always worked out since he played football in high school, and he was a farmhand on his family farm back home. He was the quintessential small-town American boy that everyone loved. Even though we are best friends, I had a massive crush on him. But he's straight, so I never shot my shot. Maybe, just maybe, I might find the courage to tell him one day. But right now, it might be a delicate subject.

"Well, how you doing today!" Leonard exclaimed with a thick southern accent as he interrupted my thoughts and entered the room.

"I'm alright. Just a little exhausted from my studies what about you bro?" I asked.

"I'm aight. Just glad it's the weekend now." He said as he put his backpack on my bed. He opened it and pulled out a couple of snacks.

"Alright, glad you came through with the food, bro!" I exclaimed as I turned on the tv.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The skyline of Philadelphia flashed across the screen. Philadelphia was a beautiful city. I loved the historic charm of this city. I loved the pace of city life here as well; it wasn't too slow or too fast to me; it was a happy medium. For a nerd like me, the city was a playground. Museums galore everywhere you looked. But my favorite place in the whole town was Wells Fargo Center, the home of my favorite team. The Philadelphia 76ers.