XXI

Test The Squad, We Might Catch a Case 

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

As I drove into the outskirts of Atlanta, my thoughts wondered about the well being of Xavier. I prayed for him as I continued to drive.  I felt incomplete because my other half was not beside me. I grew frustrated, because I had so many questions, even though I found out who harassed Xavier and I over the past couple of months, it still didn't fix the problem. Giannis and I did not have any closure. He was still on the run and he is still dead set on destroying me. Even though I felt sorry for him, I also felt deep down within me that he should move on from the situation, he should grow from it, instead of using energy, time and money to destroy me. 

Two hours after I left Georgia and I began my journey to rescue Xavier, I received a call from Shake, he wanted to let me know that he and Tobias didn't fly commercial. Tobias was gracious enough to have his private jet flown from Philadelphia down to Alabama. 

"I'm about thirty minutes from the airport Shake, I'm heading into the outskirts of Birmingham now." I spoke as I drove on Interstate 20 through the backwoods of Alabama. 

"Aight, Tobias and I are gonna sit here and wait for you." He replied. 

Birmingham, Alabama 

Birmingham, Alabama 

From the Point of View of Malik "Shake" Milton

Even though Xavier and I have never been close, I decided to come down south to help Ben out because deep down in my soul, I truly felt like Xavier would've done the same thing for me if the tables were turned. I was jealous of Xavier because he basically entered Ben's life and changed it. He did something I always wanted to do, he made Ben a better man and a better person. But to be honest, I'm glad everything happened the way it did. I can live in my truth as a Bisexual black man without trying to hide muy sexuality and Ben's sexuality as well. 

"What you over there thinking bout bro?" Tobias asked as I looked out of the window at the skyline of Birmingham.

"Everything..." I sighed.