XVII

Do 'Bout Anything To Please Ya...

From the Point of View of Benjamin Simmons

"Ben??? BEN????"  Xavier called my name as he tapped my face slightly.

"Huh?" I asked as I looked around in confusion.

"Are you ok? You woke me up because you fell...I heard a loud thud and I looked around and I saw you laying on the floor in this spot."

"Yeah, I think I'm Ok, turn on CNN...I got some news this morning but I need to see if it was true."

Xavier grabbed the remote from the nightstand and he turned on the TV, he typed in the channel number for CNN and sat on the bed. Xavier and I looked at each other in shock. The screen read the same as the notification on my phone...SHAKE MILTON: The NBA's First Openly Bisexual Basketball Player. Xavier watched the news reporter in awe. His jaw dropped. I heard my phone began to receive even more notifications. I grabbed my phone again and it read that I had over 1000 unread notifications.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."I shuttered as I rocked back and forth.

"Ben calm down, please." Xavier comforted as he grabbed me and held me.

I received another notification on my phone from Coach Brown, and one from Josh Richardson (JRich) of all people. I sat my phone face down and I grabbed Xavier and I held him. He was the only person who could calm me down in a situation like this. I was in shock that Shake would do something like this out of nowhere, I pray this wasn't him trying to get back at me. I would not only be hurt, but I would also be pissed that he would do that in retaliation for sparing his feelings in the long run. After a few minutes of trying to stay calm in the midst of all this confusion, I finally decided to pick up the phone and read the notifications from Coach Brown and JRich.

📲JRich: I hope you ain't have nun (nothing) to do with all this confusion, cause you know Joel, Tobias, AL and I know you and Shake was caught butt fucking in Atlanta. So let me know right now what the fuck is going on so I can see bout leaving the team before all this shit blows up.

📲Coach Brown: MEETING 12 PM SHARP AT THE TRAINING COMPLEX. 25,000$ FINE IF YOU'RE LATE. BE THERE.

"It seems like just when everything was going my way, and when everything seemed to get better, shit just comes out of the blue to destroy any progress I've made," I whispered as I held my head low.

"Babe, don't feel like that, this too shall pass, everything will be ok if you ask me, the 76ers franchise can bend this to their will, they can use it as an advantage, they can say that they are welcoming and they are inclusive. " Xavier said as he rubbed my back and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Xavier, I appreciate that, but it's deeper than that babe, this should've been planned out, Shake should let someone in the General Office at the Training complex handle this, this is a Public Relations nightmare...this should've happened in phases, not just out of the blue... It feels like a slap in the face, it feels like he did this to destroy our franchise, our brand." I replied as I stood up off the floor.