XI

Still Waiting...

From the Point of Xavier James

This morning, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. The temperature was a perfect 65 degrees and there was not a cloud in the sky. The sunlight streamed through my curtains into my dorm room. Lenny and I were not where we needed to be but relations between us were returning to normal. Slowly, but not quite. I meant what I said when I said he had to work to gain any type of acceptance to his apology. This morning he informed me that he planned the whole day out for us. I wasn't surprised, I saw something like this coming sooner or later, but it will not be a determining factor in forgiving Lenny.

"Lenny, can you please tell me what the surprise is. You know I hate surprises." I hesitated as I brushed my hair in the mirror.

"Stop being a big baby. You'll love it. I promise. I planed the day out just for us." He smiled.

"I sure do hope so..." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yessir." he smiled. He grabbed my hand and he brought me in for a kiss.

"That's cute, Lenny, but when are you apologizing." I sassed.

"Apologizing to who Xay?" he quizzed as he put on a pair of underwear.

"Leonard, don't play with me. When are you apologizing to Ben." I growled as I felt the anger building within me.

"Fine...I'll do it right now. Call him on your phone." Lenny said with irritation as he gave me the side-eye.

I dialed Ben and within a couple of rings, he answered.

"Hey, Xavier wassup?" Ben answered through the phone. I made sure the phone was on speaker so that Lenny could hear the conversation between us.

"Good Morning Ben. I have someone here that wants to speak with you for a second." I said as I handed Lenny the phone.

"Um...Ok..." Ben replied with uncertainty in his voice.

"Hey wassup, Ben?" Lenny asked as he held my phone.

"Sup Leonard," he spoke without emotion. 

"I asked Xavier to call you this morning because I wanted to sincerely apologize to you about my behavior last night," Lenny confessed.

"Appreciate it, man. I accept your apology."

"Thank you, bro. You have a good day." Lenny replied, making sure to cut the conversation short.

"You too man." Ben said before he hung up the phone.

"I hope you're happy." Lenny smiled as he handed my phone back to me.