It Will Get Better, She Lied

please don't hate me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

AUDREY’S POV

“Alright, bye, love you. I’ll talk to you later,” I said, kissing Harry goodbye.

“Love you too, have fun,” He said, and they were off. So I guess I was too.

I stopped at Dan and Phil’s to pick Bailey up and texted my Aunt Emily to tell her I was on my way. She was young, about 25, and we’ve always been close. It’s been a while since I’ve seen her.

“Hey Bales,” I said as she climbed into the car, tossing her stuff in the back.

“Hey!” She said, sounding a bit too energetic. “How are you?”

“Eh, I’m alright. Pregnancy hurts, I’m telling you,” I lied. Pregnancy feels fine, most of the time. Me and Harry are still so distant. “How are you?”

“Living with Dan and Phil is probably the funniest thing that could ever happen to everyone. We got my room all set up and stuff, and we just hang out a lot. He’s a good guy,” She said, looking out the window. I smiled and turned the radio, sighing at what was on.

I know you’ve never loved the sound of your voice on tape, you never know want to know how much you weigh. You still have to squeeze into your jeans, but you’re perfect to me.

See, what the boys are doing is recording songs but not releasing an album. The songs don’t go up on iTunes, although everyone gets them illegally, they’re just played on the radio. And I love Little Things, so much.

“I love this song,” Bailey whispered, turning it up. “You and Harry are doing okay, right?”

“Well…” I sighed. She looked at me, confused. “All relationships have problems. We’re okay, not great, but we’re working on it. We just need some time away; I think being together all the time is effecting it. I talked to Eleanor yesterday, she says it’s normal. I’m trying to just go on.”

“Oh,” She squeaked. “How far of a drive is it?”

“About an hour. Aunt Em said she would take us to lunch when we got there, so we’re not stopping unless you have to pee really badly,” I said.

“Alright, I’m going to bed,” She said, turning on her side towards the window and resting on her arms.

And I was alone with my thoughts. And that’s not safe.

“Audrey Taylor and Harry Styles, rumoured to be engaged.”  Oh no.

I listened to the radio, making sure I heard every word.

“Audrey and Harry were spotted at a McDonald’s yesterday morning and Audrey, with her pregnant belly, had a massive ring on her left ring finger. Who knows what’s going on in their life, it’s all a mystery!”

“A big fucking mystery,” I whispered to myself, turning the radio off and listening to the raindrops. Eleanor was right, it should be snowing. I wonder if Harry feels the emptiness I feel.

__

“Bailey, we’re here,” I said, shaking her gently. Her eyes popped open and she sat up, stretching. We were parked at the familiar two-story house with red bricks and white paneling, and the wrap around porch we came to have parties on. The porch filled with so many damn happy memories.

I hopped out of the car, stretching and getting my things out of the back. It was barely raining here, which is a good thing. I gave Bailey her bags and we walked in together, seeing her sitting on the couch and watching some news, with (shocker) me and Harry headlining.