Part 30

.... 1 year later ...

I have been living my life everyday ever since that night. He left. He never reached out to me since that night when we argued about me not wanting to leave with him. Instead, he always talk nasty about me when someone brought my name up. I was slandered on his social media, and he did nothing about it. They're dating again. They look happier than they ever did. He looks like he absolutely adores her, always posts her, always supports her, makes comments about them getting married.

As for me... I'm doing as good as I can. I have been working on myself. I do things to forget. I go to the gym, hang out with my friends, party, work, and work, and work. My friends say I physically look better than ever. I have been taking care of myself. Eating better, and watching who comes into my life. As for guys in my life, there are none. I like to have fun, and casually date, but nobody who genuinely means anything to me. It's hard to love anybody. I don't really talk to Denise and Ashley. It's hard. They're associated with his family. We talk every now and then though. I have gotten closer to my other friends. The ones Liangelo didn't like, like Karla J, and them.

*****

"Thank you" I said to the front desk guy at the gym
"Thank you, see you tomorrow" he said, knowing I come everyday at the same time

I walked out of the gym, waking to my car. I saw Ashley and Denise walking towards inside the gym.

"Hey girl oh my gosh" Denise said
"You've been like MIA" Ashley said
"Hey, yeah I know just busy" I said
"You changed your phone number bitch" Ashley said and smiled
I chuckled nervously
"I understand" Denise said
I nodded
"I'm having a party tonight." Ashley said trying to change the subject "you need to come"
"I don't know, I have some things I need to do actually" I said
"no, you owe this to me. We are friends, and just because -" Ashley said Denise cutting her off
"She will come" Denise said
I paused "yeah I'll go"
Ashley smiled "bet"

We talked a little more then they went inside the gym. I walked to my car. I look at the steering wheel and just burst out crying. It seems like I'm never going to actually be okay. It's hard. I wanted Liangelo and I to stay together, but he believed I didn't love him. It's hard.

I drove him and chilled for the rest of the morning.

Should I go to this party ? I texted Denise to see what she though, because she understands me.

Christina: hey girl, do you think I should actually pull up to this party?
Denise: Yes! Forget everything, just have fun. I'll pick you up if you want.
Christina: yes please ! That would make me feel better.
Denise: okay be ready by 9:30!

Maybe Denise picking me up would make me feel better.

********

It was almost time to leave, so I started getting ready. I showered and did my makeup and straightened my hair. I wore some black distressed short shorts, with a black bra. It was cute, I just slipped on some black slip on vans. I added some hoop earrings and a cute necklace. I had just gotten my belly button pierced so it was cute.

I waited until Denise texted me to come outside. I walked outside and there she was in her range. I got in and we headed to the party.

*****

We arrived to Ashley's house. It wasn't far from my apartment at all. Maybe 5 minutes. I was nervous, and my hand were sweaty. We pulled up and of course there were so many people. That's how Ashley's parties always are. A party is where I met Liangelo. I'm so nervous.

We got out the car, there was loud music playing. ZO2 by Lonzo to be exact. That means the boys are here. They would only play that if Lonzo requested it.

I walked inside and there were lights everywhere, strobe lights, lasers. I just need a drink. Denise went to say hi to the ball boys and Ashley. I didn't want to go over there. I kept walking and went to the kitchen. I felt eyes on me. I knew who it was. I ignored it.

I poured myself a drink, and chugged. Then poured another.

"Woaahhhh, shawty ready" someone said from behind me
I turned around and it wasn't Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo day best friend, he probably brought him, because Ashley doesn't know him personally.
"You already know" I said and smiled
"what's your name" he asked
"Christina" I said
"Alright christina, let me make you something" he said
He grabbed my solo cup and poured all these drinks in it
"I call it the Kuzma" he said
I laughed and tried it, it was super strong
"Wow, it's actually pretty good" I said
He nodded "I know right"
He kept looking at me. It was kind of cute.

Nice for what by drake came on.

"Ah I love this song" I said
Ashley came running to me
"Bitch our song" she said and dragged me to the dance floor
"Everybody get motherfucking roll on, I know shady and she doesn't want no slow song, had a man last year life goes on" I sang with Ashley

We danced and sang the whole song. After we were done she walked back to Melo and her group, she grabbed my hand to come with her.

"Hey Christina, long time" Melo said and hugged me
"Hey" I said and hugged him
Everyone else said hey to me except Liangelo.
He just kept looking at me. I didn't see his girlfriend with him. She probably didn't come.

*****

The party was getting kind of dead, a lot of people were leaving and stuff. I was sitting on one of the couches just on my phone. The alcohol was wearing off.

"Hey, you wanna get out of here and get something to eat" Kyle asked me
"Yeah actually I do" I said
"Let's go" he said

We walked to where Ashley and all of them were. I said bye to Denise and Ashley.

"Where you going" Zo asked Kyle
"We're gonna get something to eat" he said
"We" he said
"Yeah me and Christina" he said
Lonzo looked at Liangelo
"I'll catch you later" Kyle said and dabbed Lonzo up.

I knew they were probably judging me. But to be honest, I don't even care.