Part 36

Christina's POV:

I arrived to Miami. It was so early. Only 5am. I got to my apartment. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. I cried and I cried. I miss Liangelo already. How am I going to go through a whole pregnancy without him. I showered and changed into PJS. I got into my bed and fell asleep.

******

"You are 12 weeks, which is roughly, 2 months" the OB GYN said "baby looks amazing, amazing amazing" she said
I smiled
"Make sure to care of yourself, I'm going to have you take your prenatals, and then schedule your next appointment okay" she said "any questions for me"
"When do I find out if it's a boy or a girl" I said
"18 to 20 weeks, depends on the blood test, and also on how baby decides to treat us" she said chuckling
I smiled
"is the dad involved" she asked
I shook my head shyly
"And that's okay" she said "you are doing great"

We talked a little more, and I asked some more questions. I grabbed my bag and walked to the front desk. I made my next appointment.

I went to chic fil a to get something to eat. I ate in my car then drove to my apartment. I sat on my couch and turned on All American. I scrolled through Instagram. I saw Gelo posted.

@gelo: ten toes down

@user1: 😍
@user2: my baby daddy
@user3: yummy af
@melo; get that sweet shit out my phone
@user2: 😋
@zo: Simpin 🥺
@jadenowens: 😍
See 23478 comments

Of course she's back. I got sad. I put my phone away, and laid down. I've been sleeping a lot lately. The doctor said that's normal though. I miss Liangelo a lot. I grabbed my phone again, and went to my messages with Karla. She's the only one who actually knows what's going on. I asked her please not to tell Liangelo or Kayman. She said she wouldn't. She said she would come to see me as soon as she gets a gap in her schedule.

Hey, how's Liangelo doing ?

She answered right away.

Hey love, he's as good as he's gonna get I guess. He texts me everyday to ask if you've reached out. He misses you. He's confused. He's just not happy.

I texted back

We continued our conversation for a while. I finally drifted to sleep.

******

A few weeks later ...

It was my 20 week appointment today. I think today I finally get to know the gender of the baby. I'm so happy. I have a cute little bump now. I walked into the doctors office and checked in.

"good morning Christina" my Doctor said
"Good morning" I said and smiled
"Let's see here" she said and checked me. She put gel on my belly and looked on the ultra sound "okay so again, baby looks great. Growing perfectly. And for what you've been waiting for, let me just confirm." She said
I smiled excitedly
"It's a girl" she said
I smiled, a tear fell from my eye.

I finished my appointment and walked to check out. I texted Karla.

It's a girl! 🥺❤️

I'm so happy.

Liangelo's POV:

"Yo pass dat" I said to Melo
"oh nah nigga ur ass" Kayman said
I laughed

I walked to the kitchen to get an Iced tea. I saw Karla's phone on the table. I swear I saw "Christina" on the contact. I'm not nosey or anything. But I swear I saw that. I got closer to see.

Christina 💓: it's a girl! 🥺❤️

What the fuck. I walked to Karla. She was outside with Denise and Ashley.

"yo you still talk to christina" I said calmly there was no reason to be mad at Karla
"what why" she asked nervously
"it's a boy" I said confused
"oh" she said her eyes getting watery
"is - is she talking about my child?" I asked nervously
she nodded "I'm really sorry, she asked me not to say anything"
Everyone was looking at me
"where is she" I asked
"Miami" she said

I was angry, and just upset. I walked to my room a packed a bag. I texted my dad to get me a plane ticket to Miami ASAP. He did. I had Zo drop me off at the airport. I took the next flight out to Miami.

*******
Christina's POV:

Karla never answered me about the gender. She's probably busy. Tonight Lunay is going to take me out to eat. He says it's not good for me to be inside all day. He's been really nice about all of this and stuff. Just my friend. I started to get ready. I wore a white set. I curled my hair and wore some cute sandals. I did my makeup super nice.

I was running late of course

I was running late of course. I grabbed my bag and my keys and opened my door.

I saw Liangelo standing there, he looked at me then down at my baby bump.

"what are you doing here" I asked softly
"why did you lie to me" he asked. His voice was shaky.
I didn't say anything. My eyes got watery.
"yo christina you ready" lunay asked coming up the stairs of my apartment building
Liangelo looked at him
"Oh shit" he said under his breath. Lunay looked at me and nodded "I'll call you okay" he said leaving
"Is that why you did what you did" Liangelo asked
"What no.. he's my friend" I said
"then why did you Christina" he said his voice getting louder
"because Liangelo. This isn't what's best for you, this isn't what you need right now or any time soon, admit it, we've been great for a year now, but before then we were on and off every 2 weeks. It was only a matter of time till it happened again. It's just not it" I said and shrugged crying
"how would you have known that Christina. How do you know what's best for me" he said "I want to be there for my child. My girl."
"I'm sorry" I said crying
He hugged me.

I let him inside. I changed out of my clothes and put on something else, more comfortable. I could tell he was still upset with me. He unpacked his clothes into some drawers in my room. I made us something to eat since we both hadn't ate. After we ate we laid in my bed together. He rubbed my belly. Even though he's upset with me, I'm glad he's happy about the baby.