Part 23

It was finally the day I leave to Miami to finalize my apartment, and head to Dominican Republic with a brand. My flight leaves tonight at 11:30 pm. All I needed to get done was pack. I scrolled through Instagram laying in bed dreading getting up. I scrolled and scrolled. I came across a picture Liangelo posted. He looked so cute..

@gelo: back in the hills, for good

@gelo: back in the hills, for good. 🤧

@user1: my baby daddy
@user2; I miss you and Christina
@gelo; me too @user2
@melo: was starting to think the guest house was finally mine 😪😪
@gelo: @melo never little dude
@user3: are you going to Dominican Republic with @christinadiaz? Baecation?

People are so dumb. I liked the picture and kept it moving. I wonder why he moved back home. I got out of my bed and started to pack. I got a text message from Liangelo. Probably because I liked his picture.

Liangelo Ball: hey Christina. Let's talk before you leave.
Christina Diaz: I'm busy packing actually I haven't packed at all.
Liangelo Ball: oh okay. What time does your flight leave?
Christina Diaz: 11:30 tonight.
Liangelo Ball: Ill meet you there then. Just let's talk.
Christina Diaz: Okay.

I wonder what he wants to say to me.

*********

I finally finished packing and it was almost 8:30. I finished showering and getting dressed. I wore some créeme colored joggers with a white crop top and my white slip on vans. I just left my hair natural and wore very minimal makeup. I called my Uber and headed to the airport.

I got to the airport and went through baggage and all that. I was sitting at my gate waiting for the plane to board. I had my AirPods in and I was listening to music on my phone. I got a text from Liangelo.

Liangelo Ball: I'm here at the airport. Where you at?
Christina Diaz: at my gate. It's 253.

I looked around to see if I saw Liangelo. I saw him walking towards me.

"Hey" he said
"Hey" I said and smiled slightly
"ready for miami" he asked
I nodded
"Have you eaten" he asked me
I shook my head "I'm not really hungry yet"
He nodded "how come you got an apartment over there" he asked kinda nervous
"I just wanted to, I'm gonna be there a lot so I figured why not" I said
"why's that because of your new boyfriend" he said
"I don't have a new boyfriend... like did you come here to interrogate me or what" I said
"No, I just wanted to talk to you. Wanted see what was up. How is he not your boyfriend but y'all act like y'all dating" he asked
I chuckled "Liangelo you broke up with me. Not the other way around. I can date, talk to, fuck who ever I want" I spat
"Yeah I broke up with you because you don't care about me. Ever since we broke up the first time and then made up, you treat me like I'm not shit to you. I really was trying for us to be good and everything. But I'm supposed to come before everyone and everything. But that's not how it was with you. I lost the most important game of my career... I wanted my girlfriend there, because you're the only person who would've had nothing to say about basketball, who wouldn't criticize me. You were like my get away from basketball. But you fucking left."
"I left because I had stuff Liangelo, I had a flight to catch. Just like you have you career, I have mine too. I love you and you know that shit. Me not staying has nothing to do with me not caring about you" I said "but when we have problems you are so fucking quick to go to your ex girlfriend, that shit hurts my feelings." I said "me and Lunay are not dating. And even then, he's treated me better than you ever have."
He bite his lip and shook his head.
"We just need to go our separate ways Liangelo. You do you and I do me" I said
"No bruh I'm not doing that. Because you know I love you and I know you love me. So going our separate ways is not an option" he said
"Then just give me time. Please." I said
He nodded "I will. And I'll be here, but can you promise me you're not gonna do anything with any other guy"
"I wasn't planning on it" I said
He nodded "what are you going to do in Miami and in Dominican Republic"
"I'm just gonna do some paper work with the apartment complex, and then have some meetings with my manager and Instagram because we are working on a project, and then Dominican Republic is a trip with a makeup brand. Literally all girls. It's all work Liangelo" I said
"I love you Christina" he said and hugged me
"I love you too Liangelo" I said hugging him back
"Can you text me when you land" he asked
"Of course" I said
He grabbed my carry on and walked me to my gate.

I love Liangelo and that's never going to change. But our future is so unclear like I don't know what I want, or if I even want us again.