05. Stark

Iris woke in Buckys arms, her kids curled up around them both. It was nice really, she trusted Bucky. She had done all those years ago, and she did now. And to some extent Caden trusted him too, his fear was that he would lose himself to the Winter soilder. And in all fairness, it was Iris's fear too.

She gently untangled herself, and made her way downstairs. She poured some coffee from the kitchen. Loud AC/DC was blasting from somewhere. Holding her mug she followed the sound to a lab. Tony was sat at the desk singing while messing with some wires.

"Hey, nice music taste." She said from the doorway. Tony glanced up smiled, then looked at the clock.

"Your up early. Its four." He stated wiping his oiled hands on his trousers, and turning down the music.

"I'm a mother of two." She laughed. Tony grinned. "What you doing?" She asked coming closer, intrigued by him, and his work. She'd seen the news, documentaries, films all about him and yet she always got the impression they were missing something.

She had to admit, as much as she loved her life in that small town. She missed the excitement, the people that being in the spotlight gave. Tony gestured around at his suits. "Building." He said proudly. "An obsessive hobby of mine." He said sheepishly. Iris laughed.

"A good one though." Her hands trailed over the suit. Tony looked her up and down, the long T-shirt she was wearing which he swore was Bucky's.

"Are you and Bucky...?" Iris shook her head.

"No. He...he is a great guy, and always been in love with me. But I can't give him What he needs. I love him as a friend, but no, I dont think I could." Tony nodded, he sensed the truth in her voice. It's in truth how he felt about Pepper. That being the reason he had to end it.

"What about Steve?" Tony asked sitting down signaling her to do the same. Iris laughed lightly.

"Oh no." She took a sip from her mug. "I did love him. A lot but he broke my heart and its beyond repair. Besides I'd never compare to Peggy. I don't want to try to. No I think I've had my fair share of super soilders." Tony laughed at that.

"To be honest, I thought they had a thing for each other." Iris giggled.

"Oh they do. Deep down. I plan to uncover it. If I'm sticking around here with the kids, I need them both off my back. And whats the perfect way to do that?"

"Get them fucking." Tony answered for her with a grin. Iris smiled.

"Exactly." A moment of silence fell over them before Tony spoke again.

"So, if you dont mind me asking? What powers do you have?" Iris put the mug down. Maybe he was trying to catch her out for the shockwave yesterday? Maybe he was just curious, either way she'd been prepared for the questions.

"I can control the elements essentially. Although theres another little weird thing," she paused as if embarrassed, almost scared. Steve was right Caden got the acting from her. "When I'm stressed, I send out..umm.. these...shock..waves?" Tony nodded. "I dont know why? How? Even what they are or how to make them on demand. I can normally control them though. And even when I don't, I absorb them back into myself." She laughed.

'Strange isnt it?" Tony laughed nodding. He believed her. She felt slightly guilty for lying to him when he'd be nothing but nice to her. But Caden came first. The door to the lab opened again.

"Tony, Fury's on his way. he knows Iris had turned up wants to speak to her, and I dont know what to do. I think I still lo--" Steve spotted her sitting on the table. Tony coughed awkwardly.