25: Steve

He was in the gym when Bucky found him. His fists were bleeding with the force of the blows he was giving the leather punch bag. He didnt look up even though he knew Bucky was there. "Steve? I'm...I'm sorry for what I said." Bucky started, his arm twitched again. Steve steadied the bag and looked at him.

"You were right." He said with a cold expression of self loathing. "You both were." His tone dropped with every word.

"No, we weren't. Steve I know you may not have done the same thing as we did, but you would have protected them in another way. Tried something else." Steve sighed rubbing his head.

"Maybe, but Iris was still right. I put my son in the position to suffer so much pain." He muttered hitting the bag again, Bucky quickly intercepted. His real hand ran down the side of his face.

"Steve, your a selfless person, you just want to save the most people possible, not matter the personal loss. And while that is admirable, it's a habit that's going to loose you a lot of people. Iris she doesnt work that way, never has and never will. Even when we were kids."

Steve pulled away from his touch. His head was all over the place. He didnt even know what to say. "Is she okay?" He asked eventually. Bucky nodded.

"She calmed down. She wanted to say sorry, not for the Caden thing but for everything else she said. She just felt frustrated that you always make the right decisions and shes there killing to keep her children safe." Steve rubbed his eyes, a slight blood trial appearing on his head.

"Where is she?" He asked quietly.

"With Tony I think. Caden's not mad either, he understands." Steve nodded. Of course she was with her husband, his heart pulled again, before he pushed the thoughts from his head. He couldnt keep letting himself see her in that light. Bucky had came closer again, wiping the blood from his face, the cool metal on his skin.

He tilted his head and caught Steve's lips in his own. Steve let him, thoughts of Iris slowly faded away, leaving nothing but the taste of Bucky. And the surprisingly soft touch of his hand.

Tony gently rolled onto his side, off of Iris. She lay there gasping a little, her chest rising and falling rapidly. Tony smirked, his hand entwining with hers. She squeezed it tightly three times. "You know." She breathed. "Three squeezes of the hand means I love you." Tony turned on his side.

"Really?" She nodded not looking at him but focusing on the ceiling. Tony smiled, before squeezing her hand three times. She giggled. Tony lifted her hand to the light seeing the sparkling ring. He then looked back down at her, kissing the side of her mouth. She tilted her head to catch his full mouth. He climbed back on top, the door clicked open.

She quickly pushed him off bringing the covers up to her chin. Tony groaned leaning back in annoyance. Nat walked in with a smirk. "Hey, so I've just come to tell you that Fury's here and I've been trying to text you for the last fifteen minutes." Iris nodded her approval at Tony's time who just laughed, burying his head into her shoulder. Nat smiled. "Upstairs five minutes." She said before leaving.

"Love you Tone." She said kissing his cheek. He didnt move, his eyes searching hers. "What?" She asked growing self conscious.

"Nothing, I just cant believe your my wife." She smirked, standing up and stretching. They walked together bumping into Steve and Bucky on the stairs. Iris and Steve held each others gaze before she hugged him, the words she whispered into his ear were the best apology.

"I love you, and I trust you."

~~~~

Iris groaned her head falling to the table. They'd been at it for hours trying to figure out which was the best way to deal with the ailen invasion. Thor's loud voice was drilling into her skull, and Clints rhythmic tapping was making her skin itch. Bucky nudged her.