13. Orders

"Do you just not like to listen to anyone?" Tony scolded Iris. She scoffed.

"Hey I survived didn't I? And saved Steve." She retorted. He rolled his eyes.

"Barely last time I checked you'd been lying on the floor." Iris stopped.

"Okay, your right I'm sorry, I thought I could handle it. And I could've if that room hadnt disabled my powers. But, thank you I guess for saving my ass." Tony nodded. Steve hugged her from behind.

"Thank you for coming to save me, but Tony's right. You should follow orders, you could have got yourself killed." Nat rolled her eyes.

"I think you were badass." She muttered walking past. Iris grinned.

"I like her." She with a wink, which Nat returned. Tony pulled her to one side.

"What did they do to you?" He asked, his hands going straight to her waist, where the dress she wore was ripped. Iris looked down, gulping slightly. She felt dirty, almost as if she had cheated on him.

"We didnt have a choice, they'd have killed us sooner. We were buying time." Iris answered quietly. The whole jet had gone silent. Nat folded her arms across her chest, she gave Iris a weak smile.

"There was more than one in the room to start with, Iris wouldn't have been able to take them all out without one of us getting hurt." She explained. Tony's jaw tightened, his hands digging into her skin a little.

"Hope you killed them." He said coldly. Iris tried to smile but failed, she pulled away from Tony, but he caught her arm before she could walk very far. He spun her round pressing his lips against hers. "I'll get the taste off." He whispered into her ear. She grinned.

"I'll look forward to it." She said kissing his cheek. She frowned, glancing down at her hands where a small pain had just appeared. She frowned, Steve glanced over at the scrapes on her palms

"You alright?" He asked confused.

"These werent here a second ago, they just appeared." She said woriedly. Fury who was sitting against the wall raised his head.

"Did they inject you with anything?" He asked bluntly. Iris's heart was pounding.

"Yes, when I went to save Steve, why?" Her hands balled into fists trying hard to steady her breathing.

"Your daughter was never unscathed, they connected the two of you to feel each others pain, this would in their theory made you a stronger warrior, and give you the incentive not to get hurt. They never had chance to inact your part because you left." He said with almost a tint of sympathy in his voice.

"What? So your telling me if I die she?" Bruce looked up shaking his head.

"I've got the notes here that Clint took. It's not enough to kill her, but pain yes she feels." Iris took several deep breaths. Tony put his hand on her shoulder.

"Itll be fine, you wont be in harm's way again." He said determinedly. "Your off the team sweetheart." Steve nodded his agreement. Iris when to protest, in truth she enjoyed the rush, the fact it gave her some importance. But her children would always come first. Always. And that is what she reminded herself as she nodded slowly.

Bucky was waiting at the tower. He hugged Iris tightly, he sensed something was wrong, but she didnt say anything. She dodged past him and took they children up to their rooms. Steve sighed turning to Bucky as he quickly explained everything they'd found at the base.

~~~

"Wait, so you and Jamie feel all pain together?" Caden asked rubbing his head. Iris punched the wall, Jamie gave a small yelp. Iris swore loudly.