17: Dad

Iris was pretty big now, nearly due and her stomach very swollen. She tucked Jamie into bed, kissing her head. "Goodnight sweetheart." She said putting the brown Teddy in beside her.

"Goodnight mommy." Iris smiled and turned to leave. "Wait!" Iris paused, wincing as she rubbed her stomach. "Daddy said he'd take me to see the comet shower tomorrow night, but it goes on until late, and said I had to ask you." She grinned sheepishly. Iris laughed.

"If you go to sleep straight away, then that's fine by me." Jamie smiled and shut her eyes snuggling down. Iris chuckled and went through to Cadens room. He had paper all around him, he looked stressed. Iris sat on the bed next to him. He'd drawn a picture of him and Steve and was now writing.

Him and Steve had spent a lot of time together and become closer than any of them had thought possible. "What are you doing?" Iris asked rubbing his shoulders where the tension was clear.

"I wanted a way to tell dad that I...accept him? I dont know i cant word it." Iris glanced at the paper.

"Can I read it?" He nodded, handing it to her before flopping backwards on the bed. His eyes shut. "Dad, I've really enjoyed spending this time with you." She paused. "Dad, I've really enjoyed spending time with you, getting rid of this sounds less formal." She said crossing the word out. "The more I get to know you the more I grow to like who I see." She smiled. "Dad I.." the sentence had been scribbled out and re-written lots. "How about, Dad I love you."

Caden sat up. "You think that's says what I'm trying to say?" Iris nodded.

"Trust me." He grinned. She winced again. She kissed his head and stood up. She walked out towards hers and Tony's room. He was sat in bed, working. Since she'd been pregnant her nightmares had been worse, and she had wanted him near her. She winced again. Tony glanced up as she came into the room.

"You alright love?" She nodded. She went to the dresser looking in the mirror. "Babe?"

"Yeah?" She asked, wincing again.

"Did you just wet yourself?" She glanced down, swearing lightly.

"My waters broke." She said, smirking a little as Tony jumped up panicked. "Hey calm down. I'm okay. I gave birth to Jamie in a Hydra cell with just Bucky no pain relief nothing. I'll be fine." Tony didnt relax.

"What do I do?" He said coming closer touching her stomach. Iris kissed him lightly.

"Well, let's start by going to the hospital ward." Tony nodded, taking her hand as they walked through the tower, she gave a sharp cry, pausing. She lent againt the door breathing hard. Steve popped his head around the door.

"Everything okay?" He asked looking at them concerned.

"Baby's coming!" Tony said excitement slipping in. Steve gaped, before picking Iris up with ease.

"Tony tell Bucky. I'll get her there." Tony nodded rushing off. Steve placed her down on the bed. She gave another cry, taking his hand squeezing it tight. Nat, Bucky and Tony all came rushing in at once. Iris smiled. Nat ordered Steve to get some coldish water and a towel.

"How far are you?" She asked. Iris shrugged.

"My waters broke, but that doesnt really mean much by my standards." She gave another cry, burying her head in Bucky's chest as he was nearest. Tony helped Nat remove the pants she wore. Steve sat by her head, her hand found his.

"Hey Buck, help me make sense of this, you delivered your daughter right." Nat said, Bucky nodded. Iris watched Tony tense a little.

"Come on babe, no time to be jealous." Iris said with a sight chuckle. Tony rolled his eyes, but said nothing.