10. Love?

Steve paced around the gym, he'd given up on training. His mind was all over the place. He would have spoken to Iris but he couldnt because it was about her, and now he'd just discovered he couldnt talk to Tony either. His and Iris's date had gone well and Tony had told him excitedly he thought she was the one and wanted to make it offical.

So here was Steve. Throughly confused, pacing the gym. Nat slunk into the room. Steve spotted her, and sat down on the bench in defeat. "What's up Steve?" Nat asked sitting down. "Dinners almost ready. The twins still arent ready to join us." She said expecting him to jump up and say he was fine. But Steve couldn't. He needed to talk to someone, anyone.

"Can I ask you something?" He said rubbing his head as a headache started. Nat nodded keeping her face calm. "Iris set me and Bucky up this morning. It went well, we...slept together." Nat nodded. "But...before that this morning I was talking to Caden and he read me some passages from her dairy. She really loved me, and ....."

"You think you love her too?" Nat finished. Steve shrugged.

"I dont know, I love her then, the person she was then. She's changed, and she's still a great person its just. I'm stuck on a girl that doesnt exist." Steve mumbled. "And Bucky's perfect for me, I'm just confused. What should I do Nat?" She thought for a while.

"Personally I'd stay with Bucky. I think the more time you spend with him and the 'new' Iris, the more your realise you dont need the old one." She said quietly. She rubbed his back. "Give it some time." She said resting her head on his shoulder. "Maybe ask Caden to read you some more of her diary's the later ones when she starts to change." Steve nodded. She was right of course.

"Thank you." He said patting her leg. They stood up together, heading towards dinner.

Caden sat next to his mom. Jamie on the other side. She was cutting Jamie's food up into small edible pieces. "Mom." He said quietly. She turned her head to him. "How did the date go?" He said with a smile. Iris grinned.

"It was great, you know me so well." Caden laughed.

"I like him mom." Iris smiled, giving Jamie her food. "He's funny and Jamie really likes him. He's really good with her." Iris nodded smiling. "And he makes you happy." He said reaching over to take some bread.

"Yeah, he does." Iris replied. Steve walked In with Nat. Bucky patted the seat next to him. Nat shot Iris a quick look, Iris gulped but continued smiling.

"Mr Stark, new cases on the Hydra bases have been sent to you office computer." The AI said. Caden tensed.

"Does it ever get easier mom?" He asked his heart beating madly. Iris shook her head.

"You'll learnt I control it." She mumbled back. A conversation had now broken out around the table about Hydra. Caden shifted. "You can go Honey," she said quietly. "Take your food with you." Caden kissed her cheek and left. Steve frowned. "He cant cope with the trauma quite yet. He's still a kid hearing about it stresses him out a little." Steve's eyes flashed with fear, thinking about the shockwaves. But Iris shook her head.

Tony sat in the now empty seat, pressing a small kiss on her collar bone. Iris smiled. Steve turned away catching Nats eyes. Tony's hand slipped onto her leg, and she let it stay there, the bouncing of her knee stopping. "You alright kitten?" He asked gently. She nodded brightly.

Steve stood up. "I'm going to see if Cadens okay." Nat groaned into her drink as he left. Bucky oblivious, continued talking to Clint.

"I was thinking tone." Iris said catching the plate that Jamie knocked off. "Do you want...umm..to you know?"

"Yes." He said kissing her mouth this time. Bucky whistled, making her swear at him. Jamie clapped knocking her drink onto Iris lap.

"Careful." Iris said with a smile. "Why don't you go and sit with Daddy. I'm gonna go change. Tony your rooms closer can I borrow a T- shirt?" He nodded lifting Jamie out to place her on Bucky's lap. Iris dodged away.

She shut the door to Tony's room. Her eyes wandered along the messy bed, and table. Clothes and wires were scattered everywhere. It smelled like him too. She sat on the bed falling back amongst its blankets. She let the smile fill her face. "Miss Holloway, your heart rate is increasing." The AI alerted.

"Oh I know. But it's in a good way. I havent felt this way for a long time. Tony makes me feel as young as I look." Tony was standing outside the door. Jarvis had alerted him that Iris heart rate was high. He smiled. "I think, as crazy as it sounds, I think I'm falling in love with him."

"I think Sir feels the same way." Tony knocked the door, before opening it. Iris propped herself up on her elbows.

"Enjoying yourself?" He said with a smirk. She nodded letting herself fall back into the cushions.

"Its smells like you." She said shutting her eyes. She felt the bed dip, and the light blocked from her face. She opened her eyes to see him hovering above her. She reached her hand our tracing the curves and bumps on his face. He lent down kissing her softly. When they broke apart he couldnt hide his grin. "I'm gonna tidy this place up." She said as Tony rolled his eyes.

"Sir the workmen have finished." Javris said. Iris frowned.

"Workmen? What were you having done? Rooms for Wanda and Peitro?" He stood up, she followed. "Wait!" She said as she ditched the jeans and top slipping one of his grey t-shirta over her head. He took her hand and left his room going into the one opposite.

"I paid them ridiculous amounts to get it finished today." He said watching her eyes light up as she saw the room he'd had made for Jamie. It was just stunning, pale blues, pinks, yellows and greens. Toys scattered everywhere. A doll house, miniature towns. A bed with a nervous curtain over it, the ceiling had coloured lights and pretty pictures painted on it. A door to the left led to Cadens.

It was grow up, but not enough for you not to recognise it was a childs room. Black and white decor with blue added in every now and again. A double bed, and covered on sketch pads and pencils. A large wardrobe, and then a punch bag hanging from the ceiling. A computer and TV were in the other corner. Iris had her hand over her mouth.

"I guess this is my way of asking you to move in with me." Tony said sheepishly. Iris couldn't speak, she had tears in her eyes. Tony put his hand on her back. She turned burying her face into his chest.

"Thank you, its probably the nicest thing someones done for me in a long time." She mumbled. Tony smiled softly.

~~~~

She woke gasping. Her hand moved to where Tony should be, but he wasnt there. She sat up. "Jarvis where's Tony?" She croaked her voice hoarse from screaming.

"Mr Stark is in the lab miss. Would you like me to alert him th--"

"No. Thank you. I'm fine." She swung her legs off the bed, turning the lights on. She picked up all the clothes that were scattered around the floor putting them in one pile. She then cleaned up all his equipment putting it in what would have been the washing basket. She went through all the draws folding all the clean clothes.

She made the bed and straightened the curtains. She stepped outside carrying the washing basket of wires. She popped her head into Jamie's room. She was fast asleep clutching the necklace with the ring on it. Iris smiled softly.

She could hear Cadens soft breathing so left him undisturbed. She walked down to the lab aware she was just in Tony's T-shirt still. She flipped her hair over one shoulder, and knocked the glass. Tony looked up and beckoned her in. "Hey." She said putting the basket down.

"Hey." He replied still focusing on the suit. "What are you doing up?" He asked.

"Nightmare." She said stiffly. He glanced up then. But when she smiled, he frowned and went back to his work. "I cleaned up your room these are all the parts I found." Tony spun his chair round to dive through the basket.

"Our room." He mumbled pulling out something and adding it to the suit. Iris smiled, she loved the way he worked. She kissed his head.

"I'll see you later Tone." She mumbled leaving the lab quietly. He didn't even hear her leave, but it didnt bother her too much.