22.

CHRIS POV

I wanted to surprise Jada with some candles and food. At least trying to make up for how I acted the other day. Hopefully she doesn't have these candles already that I picked out. Stopping I got her two chicken wraps with a side of tartar sauce.

Pulling up to her place I noticed she was at her front door with some unknown man. Sitting there I watched the interaction. When I saw him leaning in to say something I had to make my presence known.

Slamming the car door shut I walked over to Jada. "What the fuck is going on here?" I asked. Glaring are this guy who seemed to be so into Jada he could care less I was there. Jada turned to me "Chris why are you here?".

"That's all I get?" I asked.

"Jada I'm going to go. But enjoy the rest of your evening" he winked.

"Who the hell is he? And why is he winking at you?" I asked. Jada opened her door and went inside. Following closely behind her "Jada you didn't answer me".

"And I don't have to either"'she said.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

She nodded "we aren't in a relationship so whomever I talk to or are seen with isn't technically your business".

"Oh wow so that's what we are doing now?! Good to know. By the way I came here to surprise you with these candles I got you. But the way you are putting things I don't have to do this so I'll be returning it" I said.

"Real childish, Chris" she said.

"Me? Childish?... you're the one who's playing the field while pregnant. But I'm childish? Okay" I said.

"Look I'm tired so if you came here to argue and aggravate me then you can leave" she said. I couldn't believe Jada. She's never usually like this. "I'm just saying being pregnant... and looking for someone else isn't the best thing. Focus on being pregnant and making sure you and our baby is okay".

"I know you are not coming in here giving me the speech. For someone who doesn't even frequently check on me to make sure I'm okay or even alive. But you want to come in my home and tell me I don't have time for someone else and to focus on being pregnant? Chris get out of my home!" She said.

"Who is he anyway?" I asked.

"None of your business" she said.

I nodded "I see the game you are playing".

"What game? Do you hear yourself?!" She asked.

"The game of trying to make me jealous. I get it now. I made you upset with Brooke. And now you are trying to get me back. Okay jokes over. I'm jealous... very jealous" I said.

She smiled "wow you think it's always about you, huh? You were the last person on my mind when I went out with this guy".

"Give me a name" I said.

"No, and go home" she said.

"Will you be going out with him again?" I asked.

She shrugged "maybe".

Shaking my head I stormed out of her home. Jada has me fucked up.

                                        •
                                        •

JADA POV

"Wasn't bowling fun?" Paula asked me.

"It was okay" I said.

"You know jada... I think you and my brother would be cute together. He's a nice guy" she said.

"Umm no! I don't want to date anyone" I said.

"Well he seems to like you, a lot. He couldn't stop talking about you when we dropped you off" she said.

Wonderful...

"Okay, well tell him I'm not interested. He'll stop" I said.

A woman walked into our job. Since I was the only agent available she sat down at my desk. "Hello how can I help you?". She looked at me closely "do I know you?".

"Umm... excuse me?" I asked.

She squinted her eyes and looked at me "I've seen you before... let me think".Looking around cause just Incase she goes crazy I have back up. She smiled "yes you were that girl who was with my son... Chris".

Not realizing it was his mom. "Oh! I didn't even recognize use you".

"Oh honey don't worry about it. You and Chris are you two together or?" She asked. The awkwardness is real. "Umm... how can I help you otherwise?".

"He won't tell me either. As a mom I want my son to settle down and be happy. Maybe a few grandchildren in the mix of that too" she said.

I nodded "oh". Trying to situate myself so she wouldn't see my stomach but I think I was too late. She raised her brow "you're pregnant. Well congrats. When are you due?".

"September" I said lowly.

"Aww how sweet!" She said. Thinking I just got away with this... then she looked at me again "wait a minute?! Is that baby for my son?!. And do not lie to me!!".

Looking away I played with my fingers. She cleared her throat and I glanced at her again with nothing said. But that was all she needed. She got up and hugged me "welcome to the family".

"Huh?" I asked.

"Don't worry I won't tell Chris I know. I'll just wait for him to tell me" she said.

"If you say so..." I said.

"Wow I'm about to be a grandma! Lord thank you!" She cheered. Paula peeked in "are you okay?".

I nodded and mouthed "Chris momma and she knows about this" pointing to my stomach.

"Nope I didn't see or hear anything! Don't involve me in that mess!" She backed up quick. Seeing his mom just so happy. Why couldn't Chris be this happy?!