32.

JADA POV

Chris went to shower and I was starving. Going through my cabinets looking for something easy and simple. My hunger didn't want to wait for me to finish making a big breakfast. Finding some coffee cakes I smiled. About to tear into it someone decided to be on the opposite end of my door.

Opening the door a little I see it's Paula's brother "Umm how did you know where I lived?".

He smiled "good morning. Paula told me. I wanted to apologize".

"About what?" I asked.

"Making you feel uncomfortable. That wasn't my intention. Now I won't lie and say I'm not attracted to you. But if you aren't feeling me then I'll back off" he said.

Applauding him "wow! Now only if your sister would get it".

"Yeah she can be a little stubborn" he joked.

Silence filled the air with him just staring at me. That look I do know "well I guess that's it". I wasn't aware Chris had come out the bathroom. He came up behind me and opened the door a little more "can I help you?". Of course he's standing there in only a towel... still wet. I know he's not leaving wet foot steps on my carpet!. Jada focus!.

Chris smiled standing close to me. Paula's brother cleared his throat "oh I didn't know he was here".

"Now you do. What's up? I mean you are here at her place at what... ten in the morning. It must be important" he said.

Paula's brother shook his head "we spoke already".

Chris modded "well then you can leave. Now!".

They both stared at one another intensely. Paula's brother looked away and smiled "I'll see you around... I hope". Now this man already said it's okay I wasn't feeling him and he'll stop... I'm not going to respond.

"Don't hold your breath" Chris said.

Paula's brother shook his head while walking away "I don't see what she sees in you. She could do so much better".

"Wow talking shit while walking away. Real bitch ass move. When you grow a pair say it to my face next time" he yelled. Pushing him inside and quickly closing my door "are you crazy? Yelling like that?"

"Paula is really crazy" he said.

"I know... giving her brother my address. What if he came here and you weren't here?. Who knows what he would've tried" I said.

"That's it you are moving in with me until all of this settles down or the baby comes" he said.

"I'm not moving in with you. I'm fine here" I said.

"Jada..." he warned.

"Chris..." I mocked.

"This isn't a joking matter. Something is wrong here. And I would feel guilty if something happened to you when I wasn't here" he said.

"Look I get you. But I'm staying here. If maybe you want to stay over some nights then that's fine" I said.

He looked at me as if he was thinking about what I just offered "I would rather you just stay with me for a bit. You can keep this place. But once the baby is born you can come back here".

Facepalming myself "you didn't hear anything I said".

"I heard all you said. But I feel much better if you would stay with me for now. That way I know Paula wouldn't dare send her punk ass brother or herself there. They know better" he said.

"Can I think about it?" I asked.

"Go ahead" he said.

Hopefully that'll stall his plan. He cleared his throat "finish? Shouldn't take you this long to think about it . It's a more logical plan. Just trust me".

I sighed "I don't know".

"Jada? It's not like you haven't stayed over at my house. It'll be the same exact thing. Just that it'll be for a couple of months. That's it. Once she comes along you can come back here" he said.

"And what if brooke tries to come over? Or your buddies to hang out and drink. Then what? I don't want to be in a home with a whole lot of noise and stress" I said.

"Don't worry I won't have them come around. Brooke I haven't heard from her since I went off on her for going off on you that day. So you have nothing to worry about. My main concern is protecting you two from crazy people like Paula and her brother".

"Fine let me go pack a bag" I said.

"You don't sound so excited" he said.

"I'm leaving my comfort zone... to stay with you. Excuse me if I don't sound so happy about it" I said.

"We'll have fun. Not like how we were when you would sleep over. Things changed" he said.