23.

JADA POV

"Damn I can't believe Chris isn't here with you" Chasity said. We were currently at a doctors appointment. This one would be pretty important because I might get to know what we are having.

"Didn't you tell him?" She asked.

"I did. I called him and sent him a text" I said.

"Wow! He's a deadbeat... already" she said.

Not responding to her because then lights were shut off and the screen came on "alright are we ready to see what we are having?!".

"I guess" I said. Chasity was sitting close by just looking at the screen trying to see whatever was there.

"Okay so that's the head. Foot and arm. This baby is very active. But I can surely say it's a girl" I jumped from the excitement. Chasity clapped "yes!". The thought of having a little girl made me smile. But also the thought of her not having an attentive father worried me.

Chasity helped me up "I'll print out some pictures". Turning to chasity "a little girl?".

She nodded "yup! A little princess that we can all spoil". The technician came in and handed me the pictures. Looking down at them I got all emotional. Not being able to control the tears from falling. Chasity hugged me "it'll be fine".

Wiping my eyes "no it won't! She won't have that relationship with her dad like I do with mine".

"You don't know that. Maybe once she's here he may change" she said. I stopped crying and just looked at chasity "really?".

"What? I'm trying to make you feel better" she smiled. That made me laugh "this damn pregnancy got me all in tears. Didn't see this happening. But also this is why I opted for adoption. It's not fair she won't have a father who's attentive".

"Who needs Chris anyway? She has a lot of aunties and grandpa. Trust me when I say she will have so much love she won't know what to do with it" she said.

"You're right" I sighed.

"Remember even though I don't like Chris and the situation he got you in. But you are a strong woman. You can handle this" she said. Feeling a lot better I got off the chair and walked out the room. My mind needs to get right before this baby gets here.

"How about we to get something to eat cause I'm hungry and I know your ass is hungry" chasity said.

I smiled "is it obvious?".

We laughed.

CHRIS POV

My phone was shot. I spent majority of the day in the phone store trying to restore my phone. But the consequence of that is I lost all my text messages. This whole day was just a lot to deal with. Nothing was going right. It's like the universe had it out for me.

When I got home hours later brooke had called me letting me know she was coming over. Now I won't tell her no. Since Jada isn't satisfying my needs than let brooke do it.

"What the hell is your problem? You won't get hard?!" She said coming from under the covers. Even though this is what I wanted... my mind was somewhere else. Wondering how Jada was. Our contact isn't consistent. Especially after catching her with that guy.

"Hello? Chris?" Brooke said. Pushing her off of me. "Go home" I said. She looked offended "well fuck you then!".

Throwing her clothes at her as she stormed out of my room. My mind was all fucked up. Picking up my phone I pressed jada's name. But I stopped and instead FaceTimed her...

Waiting for her to answer... come on Jada pick up.

"How can I help you?" She asked with full attitude

"Just wondering about you" I said.

"Oh really? Well I'm okay. Are we done here?" She asked.

"Why are you so mad at me?"'I asked.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe because you decided to not be there to see what we are having. After I called you and texted you about it. But you were a no show" she said.

"I didn't get a text. My phone was giving me issues so I took it to the store to get fixed. So whatever you texted me I wouldn't have seen" I said.

"But I called you earlier in the day. I know you saw the call" she said.

"I honestly don't remember" I said. And I don't.

"Whatever" she said.

"Jada come on! I can't control my phone not working" I said.

"If you say so" she said.

"So are you doing to share with me on what we are having?" I asked.

"Nah. I don't feel like telling you" she said.

"Are you serious? Jada stop playing around" I said.

"Who's playing games?" She asked.

I sighed "I wouldn't have guessed you would turn out like this".

"That makes the two of us. I guess you can say this whole pregnancy is revealing true colors. I was too blind to see it before. But now.. I see everything" she said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Nothing! Are we done here?" She asked.

"No we are not done. I'm trying to figure out what gender our baby is. But you want to play this tit for tat game" I said.

She laughed a little and ended the FaceTime.

I threw my phone away from me and rubbed my hand over over my face in frustration.