67.

Continued...

JADA POV

Sitting in my car and just contemplating about what I'm about to do. Or maybe I don't want to hear the answer. Either way it has to be done. I wanted to know what people thought about my mother. One particular neighbor would know more than me. She's been living here for a very long time.

Shutting the car off I took in a deep breath. Walking up to the front door I rang the bell. My nerves were all over the place. She opened the door and smiled "Jada? Is that you? My goodness you look pretty as ever".

I smiled "thank you. Can we talk?".

She nodded and opened the door some more so I could walk inside.

"Here take a seat. Are you thirsty?" She asked.

"Oh no, but thank you" I smiled.

"So hows Gianna?" She asked.

"She's doing fine. Growing everyday" I smiled.

"Babies are so precious" she said.

Looking around her home from where I was sitting. She had old pictures stemming from the forties "Jada how is your dad?".

"He's okay" I said.

"Oh that's good" she said.

"Umm can I ask you... what could you remember from the day my mom died" I said. She instantly got uncomfortable. I saw her eyes weren't looking at me.

"Jada I don't want to bring up old wounds" she said.

"I can handle it. I'm an adult now. Also I'm a mom myself. So I think I have the right to know something that you might know" I said.

"Jada we both know your mother didn't look herself. She would never leave you like that. I think the cops knew that as well" she said.

My mom was the sweetest person. She loved me so much. I mean yes adults have their issues but she would never kill herself.

"I had a memory the other day of seeing paula's brother being arrested. What happened?" I asked.

"You didn't know?" She asked.

"Know what?" I asked.

She sighed "Jada... he was a suspect in what happened to your mother. Cops got a tip and they went to search his room. Found some alarming things pertaining to your mom. It's like he was stalking her".

Covering my mouth "say what?!".

She nodded "yeah that's all they needed and they took him in. But his parents lied and said they would get him help. So I guess he wouldn't have to go through a trail and be embarrassed".

"Oh my god! It makes sense" I mumbled.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

I got up and rushed to the door "thanks for everything!".

"Jada? Wait? Is everything okay?" She asked.

I nodded "yeah it is. Enjoy your day!"

                                      •

Pulling into the driveway I've never gotten back to quick. I ran inside and scared the shit out of Chris. He jumped back looking at me like I was crazy.

"I got tea and it's boiling hot. Sit" I said. He followed me to the kitchen table "what's up?".

"Paulas brother killed my mom" I said.

Chris had a delayed reaction "huh?".

"You heard me" I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded "I went back to my neighborhood and spoke to my next door neighbor. Last night I had a memory of seeing him getting arrested. But I didn't know why. Well she explained to me someone tipped off the cops about him. They searched his room and he had evidence of stalking my mom".

Chris shook his head "wow, just wow and he remains free in society?".

"His parents lied to the cops saying they would get him help privately in exchange for him going to jail" I said.

"Do you think Chasity knew about this?" He asked.

I shrugged "who knows".

"I'm going to see it maybe we can go to France a little earlier than what I planned... your safety is first.  In the meantime you are not to go anywhere without me. Today was the last time you'll be alone. If he's killed before he won't have a problem doing it again" he said.

"Chris... I'm sorry I brought you into this mess. You don't deserve this at all" I said. He nudged me "look at me... this isn't all your fault. But we will handle it and fix it.  And before you know it we'll be in France... protected by many".

I smiled "sounds nice". He leaned in and kissed me "it is and it's yours".