5. my mans playing

Kairi pokes his head out the door and yells down the hall, "Mum! Mattia's coming over!" before slamming his door shut and searching for something to wear.

He doesn't know why he felt he had to change. All he knows is that his grey hoodie isn't going to cut it. Maybe he should do his hair too - ah, there it is. He grabs his white sweatshirt from the drawer and bounds over to his bathroom, pulling a face when he sees how tired he looks.

Whatever is going on with Alejandro and Mattia is seriously stressing him out. And it had only been a day!

He prods at his skin, frowning every now and then until he hears an oompa loompa stomping up the stairs. Finally.

He pulls on the sweatshirt and races to the top of the staircase, sliding around on his socks, and collides with a very tall and extremely solid chest.

"Hi," Mattia laughs, steadying him.

"Hello," Kairi breaths, staring up at him. It's silent for a split second until the dinosaur picks him up and throws him over his shoulder. "What the hell- put me down!"

Mattia ignores him, only chuckling in response to Kairi's whacks. He marches the two into Kairi's room before he finally plonks the smaller boy onto his bed.

Kairi sticks his tongue out and reaches behind him. Mattia, as expected, tries to one-up him with his weird tongue face and that's when Kairi chooses to strike. While he was distracted, Kairi had managed to grab one of his pillows and lob it at Mattia's face. It might not look like it, but he did have good throwing strength.

...And so does Mattia.

Once he recovers from the shock, all Kairi sees is a nasty-looking glint in his eyes before he's being pummelled with a pillow. The force of it isn't hard enough to hurt, but it sure as hell is annoying.

Kairi throws his arms up, smiling all the while, and tries to fend off Mattia's attacks. "Mattia-" Whack. "Mattia, c'mon-" Whack. "I hate you so much-" Suddenly, Mattia lunges at him, smothering his face with the pillow and using his body weight to keep him trapped against the bed.

"Take that back!" He demands.

Kairi shimmies around, trying to break free. "Or what?" He says, muffled against the pillow. "You'll kill me?"

"Maybe!" Mattia jokingly presses down harder, then lets up almost immediately. He didn't want to actually hurt the boy.

"Well, tell my mother I loved her-" Mattia smothers him again, but that doesn't stop Kairi, "and tell Maiya that she can have my room. Goodbye, cruel world!"

Kairi feels Mattia shift, probably sitting up. Without Mattia's weight, the pillow rests on Kairi's face but he makes no move to push it off. Instead, he sticks his tongue out and shuts his eyes, playing dead.

It isn't long before he feels Mattia check on him. The light beyond his eyelids shines through and he hears Mattia laugh, then fall silent. He briefly wonders what he's doing when he feels something warm and wet against his cheek.

"Ew, that shit's disgusting!" He squeals, rolling away from Mattia's tongue. He misjudges the distance and falls onto the floor, but he pays no mind to that. As he scrubs his cheek with a covered hand, he whines, "Why would you lick me?"

"I've never licked a dead person before," Mattia shrugs, spreading out on the bed.

Kairi rolls his eyes, fighting back a smile. "You're so annoying, you know that?" Despite his words, he climbs onto the bed and prods Mattia until he shifts, then lays down beside him.

Mattia sniffs the air. "Cap."

"Shut up."

"No, you."

Kairi turns his head to make another smart comment, but his train of thought slams to a halt. He and Mattia are practically nose-to-nose - and the direct eye contact only makes the situation more awkward.

Kairi's eyes widen and he rolls so his back is to Mattia, then pulls out his phone and opens TikTok. Why on earth does he feel so nervous all of a sudden? Wack.

After liking a few of his squad's videos, he flicks to the For You page. It's only then that Mattia decides to shift Kairi so that he can see too.

Which makes him remember that Mattia and Alejandro have been sus lately. Still, he ignores the thought for now. Mattia seems happy today and Kairi doesn't want to ruin that.

Instead, he whips out his phone and takes a photo, catching Mattia slightly off guard.

"Let me see," Mattia says, but Kairi pulls his phone away and scrunches up his nose at him.

"You can see it on Instagram."

Mattia rolls his eyes at him but gets his phone out nonetheless.

Liked by mattiapolibio and otherskairicosentino what if you slept over

kairicosentino what if you slept over... jk... unless?

mattiapolibio you couldnt ask me directly when im right next to you?
kairicosentino nah why would i speak to ur ugly face
mattiapolibio what if i punched you... jk... unless? 😏
roshaun_diah do it you won't

alejandrosario on my way
mattiapolibio no one asked

alvaromero bro i thought we had something 🥺
kairicosentino im sorry but im dinosexual
mattiapolibio and thats that on that 😤
kairicosentino jk romeo ily bb 💕
mattiapolibio my mans playing 🤧

Kairi laughs at Mattia's comment and flicks back to TikTok. It isn't long before he feels Mattia's hand absentmindedly running through his hair. Kairi won't lie - it's really nice. Without noticing, his phone slips through his hands as his eyes flutter shut. Before he knows it, he's fast asleep.

Mattia glances down at the boy and smiles to himself. He could get used to this - but if Kairi doesn't stop being so cute soon, he might die. Like combust. Into flames. Especially when he snuggles into him like that-

Okay, he has it bad. Sue him.

-

A/N hopefully wasn't too crappy!! had to rewrite the last bit bc wattpad hates me ig - jersey boys chat coming up tomorrow, and soon you'll see alejandro's pov 👀👀