32. hi to you too

a/n dedicated to @-IHATEABRIANA @SizzlinCosentino and @xzy0807 for the nice comments. u three motivated me to write this chapter, ty

also kairi be out there missing his man 🥺

-

"Are you kidding me?!" is the first thing Mattia hears when he wakes up. A pillow gets flung at his head from across the room. "How'd you leave the bed without any of us knowing?" Alvaro yells.

Alejandro and Roshaun laughs.

"The power of the perv!" Robert adds, sitting up in bed. He, Alvaro and Mattia were supposed to share the bed while the other three slept on air mattresses, but Mattia had snuck onto Kairi's mattress during the night.

It wasn't his fault though - Kairi messaged him saying he wanted cuddles. What was he supposed to do - deny him? Naturally, he snuck out of bed, waking up Robert in the process, so he had bribed his friend with $5 to not say anything. Money can get you anywhere in this world.

Before his friends could continue making fun of him, Maiya bursts in. Several baskets are bundled up in her arms, and they tumble to the floor. "Easter egg hunt!" She exclaims, grabbing a basket for herself and running out the room.

The boys look at each other, then bolt for a basket, their competitiveness taking over. Kairi pushes Mattia aside, but Mattia grabs him and throws him onto another mattress like it's nothing.

Robert throws Kairi a basket though and Alvaro snatches the last two.

"Pervs don't deserve chocolate," Alvaro tells him before racing out the room with the others.

-

Half an hour later, the boys go live, completely on a sugar high. Kairi ended up sharing his basket with Mattia since he was extremely picky. The boy preferred the M&M or Malteser themed eggs over the regular, which Mattia was fine with.

"Sharing food? Before marriage? Disgusting," Alvaro comments. They all laugh, and Kairi turns back to his phone to read what the viewers are saying.

"Happy Easter everyone! I just won the Easter Egg Hunt so I'm set for life." Maiya comes up behind him and pinches one from his basket. He shoos her away. "You ate all yours already! These are mine." He pulls the basket closer to himself, cradling it, only for Mattia to take one without any complaints.

"Mattia should eat his own!" Maiya points out.

"He didn't get any."

"Losers, weepers," Robert shrugs.

"That's boyfriend privilege, I guess," Alejandro comments. Kairi whips his head around to glare at him, slightly pink. "Wait - you didn't tell her?"

Maiya squeals and hugs her brother, pulling Mattia in too. "I knew it! You know, mum asked me last night if you two were dating. I think she knows too."

Kairi groans. "I was going to tell her today. Fine." Kairi stands up and cups his mouth. "Mum!"

"What?!" She hollers back from somewhere in the house.

"Mattia's my boyfriend!"

She comes over not long after, a smile on her face. "I told you, Maiya! That boy can't hide anything from me. And Kairi-" she turns to face him- "no sleeping in the same bed!"

"Mum!" Kairi exclaims as the rest of his friends laugh at him.

"Don't worry," Alvaro says, "Robert and I will make sure of it."

"Just like you made sure of it last night?" Roshaun adds.

Mattia covers his mouth. The two of them wrestle with each other in the back of the live, so Kairi reads comments again.

"Yes, we're actually dating. Why does no one believe us when we say these things? People still thought I was straight for like a week after I came out."

"The first stage of grief is denial," Mattia responds. "You broke so many 12 year old girls' hearts, bubba. They had to change their bios from Mrs Cosentino."

"Is that your secret TikTok's username?" Alejandro asks.

"Absolutely. I comment first on all of Kairi's videos so those other basic bitches know he's mine!"

"You're gay," Kairi tells him. Mattia blows a kiss at him. Alejandro and Alvaro start dancing to TikTok songs, so Kairi gets up and walks over to Mattia, who's lounging on the couch

"Hi," he whispers, shifting Mattia so he can sit against his chest. His boyfriend looks down at him, craning his neck so he can give Kairi a kiss.

"Hi to you too, baby."

-

a/n i havent updated in a hot min. my cousins stayed with us for a few days so things were kinda hectic. anywaysss im gonna try and upload the other mairi book by the end of the week.

pls tell me what u thought of this chapter, nice comments keep me going x