Chapter 24-Dual Latent: × II Black Trap!

Humans. Let it be known that humans are the strongest race in the entire universe for they were created by God in his image and likeness.

A newborn human child is said to have unlimited potential. This statement is truer than you might imagine. For every human infant is born without limitations. They can achieve and become anything they desire but, as they grow older, the opinions of others hinder their potential.

This is because they are born with their subconscious divided into two separate entities, or hearing two voices in their heads if you will. They are Initiative and Inertia, both having their own pros and cons.

Initiative is the voice of ambition, determination, perseverance, drive and motivation to push through, climb to higher heights no matter the obstacles that stand in their way, just to do the impossible. This voice, which grows stronger the more they achieve and are praised. It doesn't believe that the infant has any limits or fears. Is the reason they learn to walk regardless of how many times they fall. No matter the risk it will always aggressively propel them to do it for Initiative is constantly seeks growth and change.

Inertia is the voice of constancy, durability, stability, dependability and integrity so that actions done repeatedly can become passive abilities. This voice grows stronger as they conform to a set routine. It is the reason why babies don't lose the ability to walk for it believes that it should stay at a comfortable level. It will never allow a chance of regression thanks to Inertia's lack of taking risks.

But Inertia causes stagnancy because of the fear of failure that is taught to children by their environment, urging them to play it safe and do the bare minimum to stay afloat.

While initiative can become greed, seeking to fill its insatiable desire without restraint or concern for others or cost.

Listening wholeheartedly to one side will lead to one's destruction.

The ordinary human listens to 90% Inertia on 10% Initiative while the extraordinary listen to 70% Inertia 30% Initiative.

Kai on the other hand, had been listening to Inertia 95% leaving only 5% for Initiative his whole life. That is until that fateful day over a month ago when he felt something break inside of him releasing an unknown entity who told him to fight!

It was thanks to this entity devouring Initiative and taking its place in Kai's subconscious, influencing him to be more aggressive, that he had undergone such a huge change in that short time span.

"He trIED TO TAKE YOU FROM ME! HE MUST PAY! I'M GOING TO END HIM!" He leaps off, through the hole he put in the building.

"You have some nerve. Touching me with your filthy human hands!" Evanglos charged at him. Their fists collide. Kai is knocked into the wall. Evanglos looked at his fist. Why does that punch feel off? Like something breaks whenever I get hit? I actually felt pain. Could he actually hurt me?... "Impossible. He's just a weak little human. There's no way he could-"

Kai punched him in the jaw. He flew then tumbles past the church. Kai charged at him again in a burst of gray. He hits him with a barrage of punches. "Are you done?" Evanglos smacked him away.

Kai glanced up at the slowly approaching Evanglos. Good. It's working. This trash is underestimating me. He hasn't fully grasped what's happening to him. It all started to come back to him. The overwhelming urge to come here despite knowing I'd be captured. Initiative pushed me into this confrontation but another force drove me to come here for Yuri, one stronger than even my clan's curse.

Going through Catharsis has awakened me to everything I've been denying. The Truth Of The World, magical beings, humans, my family and myself. I've known about magic long before I left Okinawa. Being with Kono over these past weeks, I've been able to fully grasp the concept.