Chapter four: Girl in pieces

'Amelia Naylor-Maconie is in pieces at 16 she's already lost more than most people do in a life time. But she's learnt how to forget. The broken glass washes away the sorrow until there is nothing but calm. Every new emotional scar hardens Drew's heart a little more yet it still hurts so much, it hurts enough to not care anymore, which is sometimes what has to happen before you can find your way back from the edge. I can never win with this body I live in.'
        Drew tosses and turns all night, she never gets good sleep especially not at her dads not anymore she was in pieces and her family's were being ripped apart. She went down into the kitchen to get a glass of water, Emma was fast asleep. "I can't tell the girls yet Bianca." She heard her dad say "well who are you going to tell first the girls or Jac?" Bianca replied "definitely the girls, Jac would kill me if I said I was moving to Edinburgh with them." There was a crash as Drew dropped her glass, her dads head whipped round gaining eye contact with his eldest daughter "Drew? I didn't see you there sweet..." but before he could finish the stunned Drew had legged it up the stairs and back into her room she sat against the door so no-one could get in her knees tucked under her chin. Her dad flew up the stairs after her "Drew... Drew please let me in let's talk" she just sobbed silently in the dark.
She was a girl in pieces