Chapter eleven: girls, girls, girls

'It was the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the fire place with care in hopes that St Nicholas would soon be there. Before Jac had even gotten past the introduction of the story her little girl had fallen fast asleep. Goodnight Drew, I love you'
        The early light of Christmas slipped through the hospital, it was 5:00am shift change over time, Jac came up to drew looking a little sheepish "your on call aren't you" Drew said. Jac nodded "I'm sorry baby" Drew looked at her "it's fine, it's not like I'm getting out any time soon." At that moment, Connie Beauchamp walked in "Ah Ms Naylor I was wondering if I could borrow you away from this patient." Jac rolled her eyes and then turned and faced Connie and smiled sweetly. "Connie this is Drew my daughter." Jac said point at Drew. Connie nodded and spoke to Jac outside. "Drew?" Connie asked "yes Mrs Beauchamp?" She replied "are you hear all day?" Drew nodded "well I'm having my Gracie dropped off later, perhaps you too could get to know each other" Drew nodded "sure I've got no-where else to go."
           A few hours later her mum threw a sandwich at her. Drew laughed "turkey sandwich?" She questioned. Her mum nodded "we never eat turkey on Christmas" Drew continued to laugh "well it didn't have chicken" Jac replied "remember grace is coming in about an hour- play nice" Jac said and went to go back to sleep.
          Grace entered "you must be Amelia, I'm Grace" Drew just looked at her "I'm not Amelia" she replied "oh are you a Millie or an Ame?" Grace inquired "neither I'm Drew" Drew retorted. Grace just looked blankly "so how come your here?" Drew inquired "well my dad is in America and my mums working today so I'm here. How about you?" Grace answered "I suffered secondary drowning and my mums on call" Drew replied. The girls just kept chatting the day away until Connie took Grace home. Jac bought Drew some Coffee and sat on the end of her bed "we'll be okay you know, you , me and Emma" Jac said but Drew just hugged her