Chapter ten: Christmas in Crisis

Jac hugged Drew she had her baby back, for keeps. She got a text from Johnny
Hey J,
How's Drew? Emma wanted to see her so I left her at the desk and will pick her up later.
J.
Jac sighed, "looks like Emma's been officially offloaded."
        Fletch saw Emma by the reception desk she chucked a pale blue teddy at him and it hit him in the chest she was surrounded by A few Nurses "I don't want you I want My mummy!" She shouted. Fletch decided he knew how to deal with this situation "Emma do you want to see a little magic trick?" He asked "Not really." She retorted "well I'm going to show you anyway." Fletch replied going down to Emma's level "I bet I can make is coffee cup float." He said and the nurses all said wow. "Your silly." Emma replied. "That's not the first time I've heard that. Right.... with all the magic in the sky I'm going to make this coffee cup fly" he tried but it didn't fool Emma she took it off his thumb and threw it to the floor then she picked it up again and found the hole he'd stick his thumb in to make it 'fly' "hole" she said while pointing at it. Admitting defeat fletch replied "yeah there is a hole, anyone got Dymnamo's number? No, okay then." He took Emma's hand and went to find Ms Naylor.
        As Drew was wheeled down the corridor by her mum they met Emma. Emma ran and hugged her mummy "hi baby, how have you been?" Emma started babbling to her and the looked at Drew and gave her a big hug "I've missed you little one" she said "are you coming back to daddy's for Christmas?" Emma asked Drew. Drew swallowed hard "no sweetheart I have to stay here for a little longer, but I'll be okay." Emma pouted "but I don't want to go without you!" She protested "you'll be okay, just play the Princess Emma game." Drew replied tearing up a little. Jac put her hand on her shoulder. "Right munchkin your daddy is in reception, let's get you down there." Jac said to Emma "can drew come down too?" Emma asked. Jac saw Drew's face "no baby she has to help Fletch with something. Emma nodded and gave Drew one last hug before going downstairs with her mum. "Have a good Christmas baby, I'll give you your presents later" Jac hugged her youngest and smiled as Emma waved "Jac where's Drew?" Johnny asked "she doesn't want to see you." Jac replied "but she's my.." Jac cut him off "just give her time ok J" and with that she turned on her heals and left.
           She went back to find Drew talking to fletch "oi oi here comes Jacula" drew said cheekily "watch it misses!" Jac replied laughing "actually Drew I think your mum has a picture of you dressed up as Jacula from when you were Emma's age" fletch laughed. Drew pouted "yes let me find it!" Jac scrolled till she found the picture and for Drew the memories came flooding back.
'Can it wait? Fletch asked after his door had been knocked on whislt he was talking to Jac. Not really, I have an eager beaver on my hands replied the nurse, she continued may I introduce Jacula. Rawwww in stepped a small cute painted face of Drew Naylor. Fletch laughed,don't do that you'll give me a heart attack he replied. Awh your so scary, just like mummy Jac chipped in whilst trying not to laugh'
"You were so cute" fletch began Drew smiled "what happened" he finished whilst laughing Drew gave him a small punch on the arm. "Right Drew you need a saline drip before bed, so let's go get you hooked up in Darwin" drew nodded "night fletch, merry Crimbo."
         It was 3am Drew's drip has just finished and her mum came into dismantle it, she kissed Drew's forehead "merry Christmas sweetheart" Jac said. As she got to the door her back to Drew she heard the reply and secretly smiled "merry Christmas Jacula"