Chapter nine: a thousand wishes

It's 4:45am on Christmas Eve and Jac is being lead to the room where her eldest daughter is lying intubated and forlornly.
Jac was sat stroking Drew's hair and holding her hand "she can here you, you know" and Irish accent spoke, Jac looked round it was Will. Jac nodded as Will turned away to go back to work, Jac started talking to Drew "we all want to find a person or have a child we love so much we'd die for, swap places with in heartbeat, and that my darling that is you" she kissed Drew's forehead "Jac? What are you doing here?" Jac turned round there stood Johnny "I do care about my daughter you know" Johnny sighed and sat down "did Drew tell you..." Jac cut him off "tell me that you plan to take my babies away on the 27th yes she did so I've contacted my solicitor and 'blocked' your leave to remove so your solicitor will be contacting you shortly." Johnny looked stunned "but Jac you can't." Jac looked at him "I'm not having you take my babies away" Johnny searches himself "but your in a psychiatric ward your not fit to.." Jac smiled slightly "well actually I was released this morning so I'll be home for Christmas, you can have Emma this Christmas as it will be the last one in a while." With that Jac went to see Fletch to see when she could start work again.
A few hours later Drew was alone in her hospital bed and she started coughing, Will rushed in "Charlie we need to get the tube out she's starting to breathe!" They quickly and skilfully took out the tube, Will handed Drew a glass of water, the air burnt Drew's lungs but she could finally breath!
About forty minutes later Will took her in a chair to see her mum, they got into the corridor outside the theatre's and Darwin ward and Drew could already hear her mother. "Your a foetus in Scrubs and I wouldn't let you into my theatre if every other surgeon in this hospital had been struck down by the Ebola virus and I was flat Lining on the table!" They got closer and Drew saw her mums back.
"Also she's got you down assisting me?" Jac said "yes that's right." The nurse replied "is she drunk?" Jac retorted bluntly.
"Jac." Will said "What!" Jac replied icily and then she spun round her eyes were met with Drew's "Hiya Mum"