Prolouge: Twirght's Prank (Medival AU) (Songfic)

So I decided to make a late prologue now. This was supposed to just be another chapter, but then I was like: screw it, we're just gonna make this the (late, like I already said) prologue. And I also couldn't find an english version that would pop up on Wattpad's YouTube search, so unless you speak fluent Japanese, render the video above as pretty much useless. Oh, and Xanthius is EX, by the way.

Italics=lyrics

In an empty place, with nothing around,

Xisuma and Xanthius had a little secret passage way to their favorite beach: there was a secret opening in the fireplace: go through there, which will lead you to the Lost Woods, you then go south from there. It was lonely, sure, but that's why they liked it. They didn't need to worry about looking their best, or presenting themselves. They could just be normal children.

You suddenly tripped, and began to cry.

But as it was sunset, and they didn't have the area marked down perfectly, Xanthius tripped on a large and began to cry.

It's ok to worry, it's surely just a prank! Played on us by the naughty twilight,

After Xisuma got Xanthius out of his drama queen state, they had fun, but nothing too huge, as it was getting rapidly darker and their parents would start worrying.

We must return home soon, before it gets too dark,

Xisuma and Xanthius were supposed to be on their way home now, but Xanthius had found a black box hidden in the sand that he wanted to open now.

"Come on, Xanthy, we can wait. Right now, we need to be on our way back to the palace." Xisuma said to Xanthius, who refused to listen.

"Come on, who knows? It looks magical and will only be shown here," Xanthius lied in the most outrageous way possible.

"You're a bad liar. You can bring the box, right now we need to be on our way." Xisuma told him.

"Well, the first time we were here, we were there till Midnight and no one cared," Xanthius said once again, which finally got Xisuma to loosen up a little.

"Well, you have a point. We can stay here for a little bit," Xisuma said. Xanthius became extremely excited and opened the box right then and there to show... mirrors.

Beyond the lake's horizon, the devil was sneering evilly.

"Oh, come on!" Xanthius said in frustration. "I thought it was gonna be something cool!" He whined. He than walked away. Now Xisuma had to close the box.

"Let me swallow you into my black belly! So that we can play together!

"What should we do with it? We should be on our way now," Xisuma asked.

We must return home soon, before we get eaten.

"There's nothing good in it, leave it back where it was." Xanthius said. As so he did. Xisuma threw the box back into the hole they dug it up from and put the sand back.

The small chest we hid in the sandy beach, has been engulfed by night's darkness, and can no longer be found.

Let's split the twilight between the two of us. (Xanthius) I'll be the daytime, (Xisuma) I'll be the nighttime, and together we'll make a beautiful twilight. When we hold hands, we'll make a beautiful orange sky.

The next day at 3pm...

With the 3rd chime of the bell is the signal that the Devil is waking up.

Xisuma and Xanthius, forgetting about last night, were eating their snack outside in the woods. Than they noticed an old woman walking up to them.

With a very greedy look on his face, he keeps gazing this way at us.

"Oh, how hungry I am," the old woman said. "Will you please share some of your food with me?" The woman pleaded.

I will not share my snack with you! Saying he was hungry, the devil put on a wretched look.

"Even if I were to swallow the whole world, my belly will still feel hungry," The old woman said after Xanthius refused, not knowing there would be dire consequences if he didn't. Xisuma however, felt pity for the old woman, so he shared some of his snack. The woman then had a huge smile on her face.

"Thank you, noble prince! As a reward for your generosity, I'll share a little secret I know about this ocean..."

Ok, that's all, I've gotten a large sprout of energy to write now lol, so yea. Now I've gotta rewrite Chapter 2.